I broke it... again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzFab

Well-known member
Messages
15,615
Reaction score
73
Location
Warwick Qld, Australia
#35

Honestly, I can see no reason the chain would snap like this (other than a tiny bit of road rash) apart from it being an inferior chinese product...

Yesterday, while searching for something completely unrelated, I found the rest of the original chain; I bought 6' so, I knew I had more here somewhere; alas, it's about 5 links short :censored:
 

Whitetrashrocker

Inmate #952016
Messages
5,090
Reaction score
4,530
Location
Southern New Mexico
Looks like a generic answer to tensile strength.....
#35 is around 2100 lbs
#40 is around 3700 lbs

There's way more involved but like I said it's a generic number.
I'm gonna go with cheap chain.

I got some from the tractor supply, a 10 footer of #40 for about 25 bux.
This is after just a few runs...
https://youtu.be/m-f3DmspIHw
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top