How to fix a Clutch

Status
Not open for further replies.

reich1

Reaction score
I have a two person kart with a 6.0 hp Tecumseh powersport engine. The engine runs fine. When I start the motor and it sits for a mintue the kart wants to take off on with no one in it and the engine stalls. It makes a whining type noise. If i start the engine with the back wheels off the ground it runs fine, but the back wheels move. I think it is a clutch problem, but was wondering if it can be fixed or do I need to replace it. Thanks for your help.

tenlizard

Reaction score
should i take off the snap ring to oil the bushing? could someone make a youtube video of how to oil a bushing please i'm confused. i've asked a question like this on this forum and nobody has ever come clean imo because i'm a noob. i really want a youtube video. it would help a lot. also i would like to know how to take a snap ring off for a youtube video. would greatly appreciate it and would cause less confusion for me and other noobs.

tenlizard

Reaction score
also when installing the clutch do you have to make a 1/8" hole in the crankshaft for the other mounting screw???

jr dragster T

Reaction score
Ok here it is. Enjoy! BTW about drilling that hole. It's only used on the "ezy lube" clutch's where there is a grease nipple integrated into the hollow crank bolt (5/16 x 24)

Status
Not open for further replies.