How do I fix this?

Smerft85

Reaction score
Well, that all depends on circumstances, if your kids are quite young, I'd consider the dead axle for its lack of grip, get too crazy with a live axle and it'll drift or do wheelies fairly easily. If they are old enough to learn throttle control and how to keep the kart in control, a live axle will have better traction off road, and will generally do better in hilly terrain. I favor a live axle,and have considered doing the swap properly in mine, but this far I crawl in and drive them around.

Smerft85

Reaction score

Make sure length is right for your frame.

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
If cutting everything off and going with a live axle, you get very good things., not least of which is reliability. The best part of live axles is not just the dual traction on takeoff, but the dual traction when you slam on the brakes. Can keep your kids from kissing a bumper. Tree. Rock.
For bearings on a new live axle, personally never used the sleeve bearings sandwiched in a couple pieces of sheetmetal and welded to the frame. Only used cast iron pillow blocks, am a huge fan of those. Not a fan of depending on their setscrews, or the setscrews on any sprocket, wheel, brake disc, etc. Huge fan of locking collars for that. I only use DOUBLE-SPLIT collars in lots of 4, 8 10, etc. from ebay. Don't be fooled by SPLIT collars, that only means there's a single slice through them, you still have to remove wheels, bearings, sprockets, etc. to put them on, rinse and repeat reverse. Double-splits are 2-piece, slap them on in seconds. I also use them on BOTH sides of parts wherever possible.