How do I fix this?

Smerft85

Reaction score
Your kart looks almost identical to my daughters Manco redfox 2, but modified for a live axle, I thought it was a dead axle by the engine position. In that case your welds are likely fine if the engine plate isn't cracked as I worried earlier, but you are probably missing some spacer sleeves that fit around the axle itself, just tubes cut to length really.

Smerft85

Reaction score
Missing sleeves would also contribute to your chain being thrown, if the sprocket is tight on the axle but the axle slides out of alignment it is taking the sprocket side to side as well throwing the chain out of alignment.

Smerft85

Reaction score
If it is the redfox 2 these the factory weld locations, as said above yours has been modified at some point, for some reason. If it is still a dead axle (only engine side wheel powered) and the tube is sliding through those clamp things, tighten them down to hold the axle tube as tight as possible without breaking the hardware. If it runs both rears as drive wheels, where those clamp things are should be a bearing instead with spacers between the wheels and the bearings. That axle setup isn't factory by any company I've seen personally, and I truly believe someone tried to modify a redfox 2 for some reason and possibly (probably) failed and sold the project they were neck deep in not knowing how to repair.

Attachments

• 20210202_113712.jpg
    20210202_113712.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • 20210202_113717.jpg
    20210202_113717.jpg
    1,015.2 KB · Views: 3

Smerft85

Reaction score
Sounds to me like they tried to go live axle and use clamps. You need two, maybe three pillow block bearings, measure the axle diameter and make sure you get the right size, mount the pillow blocks in place of those clamps, and cut two tubes to evenly space the wheels that will fit over the axle without much slop, and mount those between the wheel and the pillow blocks, then align your sprocket and brake, based on what I see unless you go back to factory that is your best bet.

SlowNstonie

Reaction score
How tight can I get those? Like i was saying if I start to wrench on them it’s hard for the wheels on that axel to turn

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 3

Smerft85

Reaction score
Forget all about welds and tightening the clamps. You need pillow blocks and spacers before it will ever work properly, unless you go back to a dead axle, then its start from scratch.