homelite 179 cc throttle help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Messages
4,026
Reaction score
163
Location
Texas
well ,i put it back together,started it again and the float bowl overfilled and flooded the carb so now i have to take it apart to clean it all out, the fun of buying a used unseen engine thanks for your help. im sure ill be back on the forums for more help

Wait, I've got a quick question relating to this post:
Do most carburetor float bowls leak when overfilled?
Because I think I've seen it on a Lawn Boy mower carb, where the bowl overfills and leaks.
And I'm trying to figure out if that's why my Briggs carb was leaking.
Sorry if it seems I'm hijacking this thread, but is overfilled carb bowls common?
 

mckutzy

Well-known member
Messages
8,353
Reaction score
110
Location
bc, canada
Typically with these engines, if the carb o-ring and gaskets are done right... Itll flood the engine... before leaking...
Its a Honda not a Harley(I apologize to Harley owners (Super.. my bad)No offense made)....


If it has a bad seal with the float say, itll eventually empty the gas tank into the block if the petcock has been left in the on position... say over the end of a season...
Ask me how I know....
 

mckutzy

Well-known member
Messages
8,353
Reaction score
110
Location
bc, canada
Thats kinda apple to oranges.....
Tec's, Briggs, Honda's(and clones for the most part).... they are different beasts all together...on most of their operations....Carbs especially...
 

flowerdave

New member
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
so i went out today pulled on it once and it started right up no fuel spewing out anywhere. i ran it for a few minutes, maybe it cleared itself and i really didn't see if it was coming out of the float bowl but it was coming out of somewhere and by the way my Harley has 70,000 miles and has had not one issue except it wont go faster than 120. these discussions are great
Dave
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top