Hi From Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryledup

New member
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Hi guys!!! I just got my first go kart and was wondering if anyone could tell me what kind of frame this is... also when I bought it the guy gave me a clutch but it wont work because it is a 3/4 inch bore and I need a 1" for my GX390... lemme know if youd like to trade clutches lol
 

Attachments

  • Go Kart.jpg
    Go Kart.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 17

Ryledup

New member
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
It could very well be home made... its a very heavy frame though... solid construction and very good handy work if it is indeed a home brew... Do you all think a GX390 will push it around pretty well?
 

Ryledup

New member
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
and also, as far as clutches go, would it be ok to run a 7hp rated clutch or just hold out and save for a 13hp rated one?
 

rocketkart

Active member
Messages
1,154
Reaction score
17
Location
florida
save up for a 13hp rated one 13hp will tear it up with a 7hp rated clutch and with a GX390 on that it should fly
 

landuse

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
18,796
Reaction score
593
Location
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
Welcome!! A 1" centrifugal clutch is going to run at about $100 or more. The clutch that you have is only worth about $40.

I would not use any clutch that is not rated for the HP that you are using. A GX390 is WAAAAAAY more than enough to push your kart around.

If you want to get a TC, you are going to have to get a Comet 40 Series TC. A 30 series is not rated for your engine
 

Ryledup

New member
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Awesome info guys, Im really excited to get this guy going... now Im trying to figure out how to get my throttle linkage set up. My Kart has a push rod at the motor side connected to the gas pedal... problem is, the rod "pushes" towards the rear, but the throttle on the carb needs to be pulled toward the front... So Ive got to figure out what Im gonna do lol...
if pics are need/wanted I can provide them, but Im being lazy sitting on my couch lol
 

rocketkart

Active member
Messages
1,154
Reaction score
17
Location
florida
ok can you flip that push rod upsidedown like where your gas rod goes to that linkage turn it the other way around upsidedown that shud make it were it pulls instead or push.
 

Ryledup

New member
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Well, the governor is removed... so Im trying to figure out how to get the throttle hooked up from there. and the pedal has a return spring up front ( not shown for video purposes)
 

Ryledup

New member
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
I dont need to use that rod, but think it would be the cleanest setup... but Im not opposed to running a cable type setup
 

Ryledup

New member
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Yeah I know it lol... Im thinking of just running a cable off the pedal and making it a pulling setup... really I just need something to pivot where those two meet, but I think its gonna be difficult to get the amount of pedal movement to the amount of throttle blade movement correct..
 

Ryledup

New member
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
any other tips for gx390 performance? I removed the Governor and ordered new springs... soon I want a better exhaust and an open filter... beyond that, any other tips?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top