HF Predator engine throttle setup ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

tx7750680

Reaction score
I justy bought a go kart with a 5.5 HP Tecumseh engine. I have a brabd new HF 6.5 HP Predator engine i want to swap in. Can someone tell me how to hook up the throttle cable? The throttle leaver moves with a lot of force and I dont thing it will return after the gas pedal is released.

Any help would be great

Thanks

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Reaction score
Please add an additional return spring just like people need to do on all Honda and Honda Copy engines. The smaller spring on the control arm is not strong enough.

gvfc2

wishing i was living
Reaction score
Please add an additional return spring just like people need to do on all Honda and Honda Copy engines. The smaller spring on the control arm is not strong enough.

just to clarify what do you mean the smaller spring on the control arm is not enough?

scarletvw

Reaction score
On my engine I loosened the nut, clamped the throttle sleave to the mount and then the cable to the set screw holding deal. I also put a extra spring hooked to the muffler shroud for a return spring because even with the nut loosened it still didn't want to return all the way.

tx7750680

Reaction score
I loosened the 10mm nut and added a spring from Home Depot. I drilled a small hole in the engine fin to attach the spring. Seems to return ok. ill see if it works on the go kart soon.

Attachments

• throttle.jpg
    throttle.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 289
  • throttle2.jpg
    throttle2.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 225

tx7750680

Reaction score
It has a spring for sure back by the engine area of the frame. Not sure about the.pedal area. Ill check when i get home. It has a throttle cable.

How fast do you think the kart will go with that 6.5 predator on there?

tx7750680

Reaction score
Also, do you know where i can get a owners manual or parts manual for it? I know that manco manuals are all over the internet but everyone i have asked says this is a thunder kart. Any help would be great

spyder1968

Reaction score
@ tx7750680 you can remove the nut ( in your first pic--has a red dot on it) and the linkage......and under the linkage there will probably be a rubber washer. remove the washer. you can either put in a teflon or hard plastic washer in its place or just leave it out all together. then re assemble and tighten just enough to take most of the slop out of it. this will usually make the linkage much looser. a lot of these motors have this rubber washer because they were designed to be installed on machinery....(log splitters, pressure washers etc) and on said machinery you would simply adjust the throttle where you want it and it SHOULD stay there. obviously not a good idea on go karts ! LOL !

Status
Not open for further replies.