HF 6.5 Smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzymad83

New member
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
I've been running my new HF 6.5 on my cart for about two weeks now and I'm still getting white smoke out of the muffler when I start it. I didn't think anything of it at first, I just thought it was clearing out the lube from the factory. But after two weeks it is still smoking on startup. Is this normal for these engines or should I look at getting it replaced?
 

izzymad83

New member
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
But the temp hasn't been under 60 here in NC since I purchased the engine. It's 92 deg here today and it's still let out smoke.
 

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Messages
1,104
Reaction score
13
Location
The Nation's Catbox...er, AZ.
My HF requires choking on the first start and sometimes if it has sat only a few minutes. Choking causes minor smoking, but it clears very shortly after the choke is opened back up. Is this what is happening for you? If so- it's normal.
 

izzymad83

New member
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
It only lasts a couple of minutes. I start it using the choke and it smokes the worst during that time but after I open it back up it clears up after a minute or two.
 

Affair_driven

BULL DETECTOR
Messages
460
Reaction score
3
Location
Wolf Point, Montana
Run finger around output of muffler where it's blackest.
Does it have a dry pasty consistency? Or is it an oily wetness?
What grade oil are you using?
 
Last edited:

brendonv

New member
Messages
861
Reaction score
3
Location
Australia, Perth
White smoke is caused by a few things, its cold, had water in the pipe, the head gasket is blown/leaking or the head, cylinder or block has a crack and is leaking. If it keeps pouring out white smoke constantly its the head gasket/head/cylinder or block most likely. If its just for the first 2 minutes or so its normal. It SHOULDNT be the head gasket or anything as its very rare but u never no with these clones. Sometimes theres a little bit of white smoke that comes out constantly but it shouldnt be very noticeable. If its enough to make u not able to breath thats a bad sign haha. Check over the engine, check to see if the spark plugs in tight, no cracks around spark plug hole, head is fine ect.

Hope that helps,
From Brendon.v
 

brendonv

New member
Messages
861
Reaction score
3
Location
Australia, Perth
Probably enough to make him dizzy.
Keep it simple.
Analyze first.
Only then can you give an opinion.
What the hell are you talking about???

Glad your not my doctor. I'd probably die of fright before you got to the truth.

I didnt say it is blown i said: White smoke is caused by a few things, its cold, had water in the pipe, the head gasket is blown/leaking
 

GXMATT

Mini Kart Guy
Messages
85
Reaction score
0
Location
uk
theres a chance yor engine could explode and we could all be killed, so be careful out there.....golf is nice in summer?
 

brendonv

New member
Messages
861
Reaction score
3
Location
Australia, Perth
theres a chance yor engine could explode and we could all be killed, so be careful out there.....golf is nice in summer?

Yes, i heard clone engines have a nuclear bomb transmitter hidden inside the heads and if the head gasket leaks it sends a transmission to deploy all nukes around the world and everyone dies. I was just told that, i dunno if its true.
 

Kenny_McCormic

Kartless....
Messages
4,537
Reaction score
11
Location
Michigan Troll
Blowing the gasket between the push rod cavity and bore is actually a pretty common failure in push rod OHV small engines. Pull the breather tube out of the airbox and stick a hose in it, does exhaust come out of the breather?
 

timmytim

New member
Messages
173
Reaction score
0
Location
Hueytown Alabama USA
It sounds to me like ure flooding the carburetor by using the choke to much....When the carb is flooded or burning rich any 4 stroke motor will smoke white/grey and even black until motor leans up.
:sifone:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top