Help please!

BrianSlaughter3355!

Reaction score
O.k I have a predator 212 non hemi block with a hemi head stock crank gov. Removed, super x cm grind cam, +.02 billet rod, flat top piston, 22lbs springs, billet fly wheel, stock hemi push rods and rockers, and mikuni vm22 26 mm carb. I just moved everything to a new block bc of hole in cylinder wall but I was having same issue before transfer to new block issue is it will crank and run for a few seconds then quit or if you try to give it throttle it quits either way gas is new gas tank is home made with vent oh lash is set at .003 sparkplug is a racing plug and I'm lost any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
Nothing too terribly extreme in the hotrodding, do you know why the previous block got its cylinder holed out?
Have you added a fuel pump to feed the carb upgrade?
Everything I know about "racing plugs" is that while great at high throttle and rpms, they can foul out in nothing flat when putt-putted.

BrianSlaughter3355!

Reaction score
No Im not sure I bought it from my neighbor and when I went to put the rod cam and piston in is when I noticed it. I was thinking it could be my valve lash so I adjusted them a little bit now it fires up and idles runs but only on choke if you give it throttle it will run off of choke but won't idle just dies as soon as u let off the throttle?

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
If you don't already have a tachometer for that motor, the cheapest ebay induction type tach can do all you need. There's loads of them, mine came from a random choice of seller called "supermotopartsfactory", and it was only $9.33 w/free shipping.
Just type "gokart tachometer" in the ebay search bar to see them all. I've proven that my el cheapo tach works fine even with about 9' of wire added to its length, still using its internal permanent battery.................. Programming note: You don't have to, they come already set up for single cylinder 4-stroke engines. Wrap the end of the wire around the plug wire about 3 times, crank it up, tach starts up.
If you already own or when you get one, that's the time I'll say the captain obvious thing.................. Screw in the black plastic phillips head idle adjustment screw just until the motor keeps running with no choke at all. Then see how many rpms that is. Let us know so we can pass on our own experiences with that. I'm tired of guessing on that same old idle problem, a tach will remove certain doubts and simplify things. Example: If it takes 1800 rpms and the clutch is creeping forward, we'll know some things to do about it.

Last edited:

BrianSlaughter3355!

Reaction score
I'll order one today and let you know the results I appreciate it I'm new to all this so I apologize if my ?'s seem ignorant at times but thank you for helping

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
No apologies needed, and there are no ignorant questions. Many here including myself joined with no kart building experience at all. My 520 lb. monster was scratch-built from raw steel, started 1.5 years ago, and I'll probably never be finished.
Already knew how to build anything at all from raw steel, but never tried to make anything into a gokart. Used this forum to learn stuff all the way. Exact same thing on a year long minibike build before this. Learning from this all the time.
Welcome, welkommen, bienvenue.