Help Needed!

scooterbuilda

Reaction score
Hey yall, Im very new to this field and starting to work on my first project ever. I am taking an old Razor e175 scooter frame and attaching it to a Gdrasuya 49cc engine off Amazon. The rear wheel has 48 teeth and the engine has an 11-tooth sprocket. The rear wheel on the scooter is also pretty small at 5.7 inches. Is my gear ratio alright? Do I need an exhaust with this engine, and if I do yall have any suggestions from amazon? I apologize if these questions seem stupid, this is very new to me.

rwd4evr

Reaction score
Yes you will need an exhaust. 2 strokes are a little tricky since an expansion chamber type pipe will make more power but they're more difficult to package. Most of the time using a 2 stroke with a good pipe you will end up building the frame around it. A scooter is probably easiest though. The engine will run just fine with a straight pipe and muffler though. If you are not capable of welding you should pick up an exhaust for that engine or whatever it's on originally so you don't end up screwed with however you mount the engine. The flexible one is interesting. I never saw that before. It may do you a big favor to have that option.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230823_025252_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230823_025252_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    487.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20230823_025303_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230823_025303_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    363.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20230823_025420_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230823_025420_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    461.9 KB · Views: 1

rwd4evr

Reaction score
Thank you so much. what about my gear ratio?
Idk. Depends on if there is a gear reduction in the engines drive. 4.36-1 on that tiny tire is probably fine if it's direct drive. If it has a reduction box it's going to have a low top speed.

scooterbuilda

Reaction score
In the description, it says it has a uprated CVT transmission. Also do you think I could buy a different gear to put on the tire?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 6.59.09 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 6.59.09 AM.png
    388.5 KB · Views: 2

rwd4evr

Reaction score
With a CVT it will actually go from under driven to over driven so you are probably fine. I would guess you can get different front and rear sprockets if needed though. Hmm, looking at that picture it sure looks like there is a reduction drive in that gear case. Being for a bicycle at maybe set up for a very tall tire so that would make sense. You may need to get as big a front sprocket as you can find and fit on there to make up for it. Hard to say without having it in your hands and seeing if there's a spec sheet or anything.

Last edited: