Help in figuring out this piece.

FlyFrog

Reaction score
I will be doing the same as soon as i can talk my parents into it, they say i will start but never finish and wont sell them, im the kid who built a mini bike at 8 put together a gocart and got it running at 9-10 rebuilt a few carts but they dont trust me, for god sake im rebuilding a 350 chevy small block to put on a chevy s10 frame with a 1949 dodge 5 window cab a t5 tranny and a 4-11 rear end or a 350 posi sitting on 78 f150 ranger wheels

FlyFrog

Reaction score
but i dont have money for that because they wont let me make any, I have the engine started its almost done just need a center bolt intake for a 97 sbc with the bolt pattern for a carb

SpiritOf76@2

Reaction score
Are you meaning to mount the pedal springs this way? Hopefully the pics show a clear way. I have the entire springs outside the pedal with the big center piece(pivot point) sitting around the nut of the pedal bolt.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1

Karttekk

Reaction score
Looks better but flip the pedals so they form a box, your feet rest against the corners of the pedals to keep them from slipping off the pedals. Did you watch the KartFab video? Here's a basic image of what I mean.

Attachments

• Pedal setup.jpg
    Pedal setup.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 2

Karttekk

Reaction score
Put some type of bushing or spacer between the pedal spring loop and the pedal on each pedal. Looks good, now you have functioning pedals that have tension and spring back when released.

Attachments

• spacer.jpg
    spacer.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 3

SpiritOf76@2

Reaction score
Here's a heap I restored last year. Look at the pedal setup.
That’s kinda what I intended to do with this kart but I got a little side tracked and wanted to get to ride it with my son so I did a quick sanding and rattle can paint job just to focus on making it sound enough to ride around our yard. I fired it up last night but it didn’t want to idle so I took the carb off this morning and the float had liquid in it so rather than ordering a rebuild kit I ordered a carb from gps along with a cable stop to connect the throttle up. I’ve been keeping my eyes open for another kart to save and hopefully I can focus more on it if I can find one. I still need to do a little welding to the frame and finish the body work and painting on the front end. I plan on replacing the axle and the wheels and tires eventually.