Help in figuring out this piece.

SpiritOf76@2

Reaction score
So I’m slowly getting pieces back on the kart and this piece has me a little confused ie what does it do and where does it bolt. I’m not exactly sure I’m even doing the pedals right. I used the bolts that came in the pedal kit to bolt the pedals onto the frame. Also if anyone has any suggestions on the throttle cable connection from the cable to the throttle plate…I got the cable

Attachments

• 5C7DFB08-E1A4-46C3-A24E-B12FF57B318C.jpeg
    5C7DFB08-E1A4-46C3-A24E-B12FF57B318C.jpeg
    510.5 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 17

FlyFrog

Reaction score
for my power sport i bypassed all of that and connected straight to carb, its way more simple...You also bypass govener:sneaky:

Karttekk

Reaction score
Your pedal springs go on the outsides of the pedals. The black lever is your parking brake, it should hit against a bushing or spacer on the bolt going through the pedal. Look at the diagram you supplied. The small loops on the springs are for the bolts going through the pedals.

Attachments

• pedals.jpg
    pedals.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 8
  • pedals2.jpg
    pedals2.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 8
  • parking_brake 2.jpg
    parking_brake 2.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 8
  • paking brake_lever.jpg
    paking brake_lever.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 6

Karttekk

Reaction score
Look at both #50 bushings or spacers in your diagram. You push the brake pedal down then place the parking brake lever against one of the bushings, it applies the brakes and keeps the kart from rolling.

Karttekk

Reaction score
Check how the spring is set up in this picture, a bolt through the loop then the hook over the welded stem

Attachments

• Minor rust.jpg
    Minor rust.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 4

SpiritOf76@2

Reaction score
Thank you for your replies. I was leaning towards it being a parking brake but I wasn’t sure if it somehow acted as a support for the brake line. When I purchased the kart the previous owner had a self tapping screw drove through the eyelet on the piece and onto the side of the frame where it should be mounted with springs wound around it to act as a return spring on the brake. I think I’ve been over thinking the diagram as I figured the spring would easily pop off the tabs if not held in place securely.

Attachments

• 6FF66FAF-64F7-4BE6-84F4-1A895A6BB06A.jpeg
    6FF66FAF-64F7-4BE6-84F4-1A895A6BB06A.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 4

Karttekk

Reaction score
Thank you for your replies. I was leaning towards it being a parking brake but I wasn’t sure if it somehow acted as a support for the brake line. When I purchased the kart the previous owner had a self tapping screw drove through the eyelet on the piece and onto the side of the frame where it should be mounted with springs wound around it to act as a return spring on the brake. I think I’ve been over thinking the diagram as I figured the spring would easily pop off the tabs if not held in place securely.
The pedal is installed wrong. It should be inside of the "U" shaped bracket. The front stem acts as a pedal stop. Watch this KartFab video. His setup isn't exactly how Manco does it but close.

Karttekk

Reaction score
You can see clearly how the parking brake works. Depress the pedal then put the parking brake lever against the busing on the through bolt.

Karttekk

Reaction score
for my power sport i bypassed all of that and connected straight to carb, its way more simple...You also bypass govener:sneaky:
Be careful with bypassing the governor unless you removed the governor gear inside the engine and upgraded the connecting rod and flywheel.

FlyFrog

Reaction score
Havent got that far, i need to sleeve it and get new piston because when i got it it didnt have a filter or anything and the engine has little compression and it barley starts, once it starts it runs pretty good but looks like a steam engine with all the burning oil :ROFLMAO:
Be careful with bypassing the governor unless you removed the governor gear inside the engine and upgraded the connecting rod and flywheel.

Karttekk

Reaction score
I repaired a GY6 150cc engine that did the same thing, smoked like a fumigator when it ran. Needed a cylinder, piston & rings. It got hot and the piston scored the cylinder. Go Kart Supply had a great deal on parts for it, something like $60.00 for the top end kit.

Karttekk

Reaction score
Try this vendor

Karttekk

Reaction score

FlyFrog

Reaction score
It seems it doesnt really have parts like i need, looks like i will be buying a donor motor with a spun bearing or one from someone who doesnt wanna put carb work into it for cheap🤷‍♂️

Karttekk

Reaction score
Tecumseh parts are hard to source. There are complete running engines for sale on FB Marketplace and Craigslist.

Karttekk

Reaction score
I completely understand. I refurbish karts and sell them, I try to spend as little as possible so I can hopefully make something on them. Things don't always work out like I'd want them to. Good luck.