Help identifying tecumseh engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miky

Reaction score
So I didn't got the cylinder yet but I was thinking about how to get oil everywhere where it needs to go. I saw on the internet like an oil splasher/slinger, what do you think of that?

Miky

Reaction score
So I found another engine, it's the same as the first one, I think it is 3.5hp so what do you think of dual engine karting.?

Miky

Reaction score
I got another engine like this so I thought putting them both on a karting, dual engine. My English is bad, sorry.
So I did some thinking and I want to put two engines on karting, I thought to link them with a jackshaft so when I pull to start one engine second one starts also. On the other end of jackshaft I want to put centrifugal clutch and connect it to the axle. What do you guys think about that?

Sent from my Micromax A310 using Tapatalk

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
Bad idea...IMO....the engines will never be perfectly synchronized....so fight each other....and....think about how hard it is to pull start one engine...

Now you're going to do two at once?

Miky

Reaction score
It's possible to do this, I watched on YouTube few guys have done this before.

afremont

Reaction score
I saw a youtube video as well and it seemed to work pretty good. They put it on the idler drum of a car dyno and verified that it accelerated twice as fast with both motors running. He had some issue with the throttle cabling, but once resolved it seemed to work well. Plus you could run it with either motor and the other just spun the outside of the centrifugal clutch without causing any problems. It was a live axle with no differential with side-by-side identical motors. I can't remember what they were exactly, just that they were identical.

These are the videos I watched. Looks like new Predator motors I think.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kN222TcGHk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDpjQnMg-nk

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
I got another engine like this so I thought putting them both on a karting, dual engine. My English is bad, sorry.
So I did some thinking and I want to put two engines on karting, I thought to link them with a jackshaft so when I pull to start one engine second one starts also. On the other end of jackshaft I want to put centrifugal clutch and connect it to the axle. What do you guys think about that?

It's been discussed before, but the solution that was discussed then was a clutch on each engine and a live axle with 2 sprockets IIRC...

Bad idea...IMO....the engines will never be perfectly synchronized....so fight each other....and....think about how hard it is to pull start one engine...

Now you're going to do two at once?

I saw a youtube video as well and it seemed to work pretty good. They put it on the idler drum of a car dyno and verified that it accelerated twice as fast with both motors running. He had some issue with the throttle cabling, but once resolved it seemed to work well. Plus you could run it with either motor and the other just spun the outside of the centrifugal clutch without causing any problems. It was a live axle with no differential with side-by-side identical motors. I can't remember what they were exactly, just that they were identical.

These are the videos I watched. Looks like new Predator motors I think.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kN222TcGHk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDpjQnMg-nk

And you guys don't see the difference between what he described and what I described and how those YouTube videos were exactly engines with individual centrifugal clutches hooked up to a live axle? ???:mad2::mad2:

afremont

Reaction score
And you guys don't see the difference between what he described and what I described and how those YouTube videos were exactly engines with individual centrifugal clutches hooked up to a live axle? ???:mad2::mad2:

I thought I did. The video I posted seems to me to be the obvious way to do it which is what I thought you described. I certainly wouldn't try to hook both crankshafts together directly on a jackshaft with no clutch between them.

I would be curious to see how they could be connected so that they could run at different RPMs and still work together efficiently. I'm thinking that using something like an automobile single-track differential axle operating in reverse. The engines would drive the axles and the u-joint (driveshaft) would spin at the average RPM of the inputs with the spider gears making up the difference. Of course the ring/pinion ratio would come into play.

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
That's my point....my post was telling him not to directly connect both engines....read...."clutch on jackshaft "....

His response was he had seen it "DONE ON FACEBOOK"....

But the vids you guys offered up don't show that....

They show what I described.....so....let's see some vids with a direct link pair with one clutch on the jackshaft .....

I don't think it's happening.....

Miky

Reaction score
Thanks guys, if I was rude excuse me, I thought it was a better solution what I described but when I saw it on your video I saw my mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.