Help identifying tecumseh engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miky

Reaction score
Hy guys, I bought crappie lanmower with tecumseh engine, I need to know how much hp and rpm it has, the number I find on it is
bvs 143 E-31000B S8063 A. Sorry for bad English

Miky

Reaction score
I have tried but I can't find exact same number, only first part of the number is the same but second isn't. I will post pictures afternoon

Russ2251

AZUSA:Powered by LAWN-BOY
Reaction score
Not standard Tecumseh fare.
It is a Italian made vertical shaft engine built solely for the European market.
This model is probably around ~3.5 to 3.75 HP...just an educated guess. Standard governed RPM is still 3600.
Second part of number indicates PTO configuration and serial.
Not too well suited for anything other than its original purpose.

Miky

Reaction score
Thanks for info, I know it's week for normal person on a kartingu but I got it for free, I will mod it a little bit then it will be ok

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
Miky, the problem with vertical engines is not the weight it will carry, but the actual conversion to be useful for a kart. We can try help you with the conversion, but very few of these "conversions" ever work properly

Miky

Reaction score
Don't think I don't have any respect to what you guys are saying but everything is possible.
I can't find on Internet how much cc is this engine, anybody knows?

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't think I don't have any respect to what you guys are saying but everything is possible.

Please don't think i am saying that you cannot do it. Typing on the internet sometimes doesn't carry over the proper meaning people are trying to present.

I would definately like to see you do this build. I hope you succeed in it too. It will help a lot of other people out there who are trying to do the same thing

Russ2251

AZUSA:Powered by LAWN-BOY
Reaction score
Most folks on this site come from the U.S. and would not specifically know what size engine you have.
Supply me with diameter of cylinder bore (caliper) and I can cross reference to the U.S. manufactured engine.

Miky

Reaction score
I don't have measuring device so I used measuring tape, roughly diameter is 6.4 cm.

Status
Not open for further replies.