HELP…I NEED EITHER A CLUTCH, SPROCKET OR AXLE

Roundgunner

Reaction score
I didn't get to work on her Kart today but I got to look at the rear tires. They are 22x11-10
I will look at the gear ratio calculator and aim for the 6-1 when I replace the axle to be a 420. Thanks for the go-cart supply tip.

Willie1

Reaction score
A few thoughts - most of them have been expressed.

A 30 series converter will last fine on a stock 212 if it is PROPERLY installed, PROPERLY geared for the weight, tire dia., and a QUALITY belt is used.

That said - You do not need to install a new engine with a 1" output shaft to use a heavier duty 1" 40 series converter set-up.
Many of the kart supply sites offer 3/4" - 1" adapter kits specifically to do this.

A jackshaft can be your best friend in optimizing gear ratio. While it is a little more expensive and takes more effort to install at first, it is then usually easier and cheaper to change ratios later. One big advantage is you can use a larger output sprocket on the converter for more chain tooth contact, resulting a longer lasting chain. Another is you can use a smaller (and cheaper) axle sprocket for more ground clearance.

FlyFrog

Reaction score
Relax frog, a Frog is a nickname us old guys give to a scuba diver. (Roundgunner he’s only 14) don’t need to impress the little girl. We’re here for the karts. And his engine is fine and turns the right way.
was the relax frog about me and if so im bouta turn 16 now, ive been on this forum for a while now lol