Hello from Ohio

MikeInOhio

Reaction score
It came with a sort of roll cage that was bolted on, and the back end of the frame was boogered up real good. It was pretty weak so I took it apart and strengthened it up a bit and added a couple gussets. I feel like I could stand on it now😁

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

Looks like a fun little Kart. I have a 212 with a stage 1 kit, a 6.5 ohv Tecumseh and a Honda gx160 (5.5hp?) I have an mbx10 I'm gonna put the Honda on when I get a new crankshaft for it. It's got the predator on it now but the bike needs some tlc. Gonna put the cushy front end on it. The one on it is bent.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

Here she sits

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

This is the last one. Two seater of some sort. I built a new front bumper and I'm doing a 1" live axle setup. ( was o.w.p.)

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

These are pics of the yellow jacket

Karts of Kaos

the many mowers guy
Reaction score
:welcome2: it looks like fun but i don't think what you are thinking of a roll cage is a roll cage. It's probably a brush guard.

MikeInOhio

Reaction score
Guess I could have included a picture of the roll cage. It came on the Yellow jacket, but I removed it because it looks silly and honestly wouldn't do much but trap you if you did roll. It's also got a break in one of the welds. Maybe I'll bend it into a new mini bike frame at some point

Dingocat

Broke
Reaction score
Hey! I've got one too. (And I'm in Ohio). Mine's got plates welded in as gussets. They're like 3/8" and my "cage" is also broke. It's on top where the cross piece is.

Attachments

• 20200319_214401.jpg
    20200319_214401.jpg
    379 KB · Views: 6

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
:welcome2:

Take those Harbor Freight wheels off!!! They are very unsafe for karts, some people on here even say they're unsuitable for hand dollies. People have had the wheels shear due to cheap metal, bearings fail, and tires blow out.

It's not worth it to risk your safety.

Otherwise, though, looks like a lot of cool machines!

MikeInOhio

Reaction score
Hey! I've got one too. (And I'm in Ohio). Mine's got plates welded in as gussets. They're like 3/8" and my "cage" is also broke. It's on top where the cross piece is.
Mine is broken in the same place, on top, cross piece broken at the weld

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

:welcome2:

Take those Harbor Freight wheels off!!! They are very unsafe for karts, some people on here even say they're unsuitable for hand dollies. People have had the wheels shear due to cheap metal, bearings fail, and tires blow out.

It's not worth it to risk your safety.

Otherwise, though, looks like a lot of cool machines!
I have no plans to use them, they're just on so its not sitting on the floor and I can roll it around as needed

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Dingocat, what part of Ohio? I'm up in the Northeast, a little south of Cleveland

Dingocat

Broke
Reaction score
Mine is broken in the same place, on top, cross piece broken at the weld

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

I have no plans to use them, they're just on so its not sitting on the floor and I can roll it around as needed

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Dingocat, what part of Ohio? I'm up in the Northeast, a little south of Cleveland

I'm alittle further northeast.