Hello from Canada!

Brianator

Gettin' er done!
Reaction score
Hey everyone my name is Brian. I'm into just about anything with a motor and have been working on them for a good few years now. I seem to be the "go to guy" to help get it fixed whether it's a car, power washer, trimmer, dirt bike, snowblower ect. and tend to rely mostly on my own skills and knowhow. 2 stroke motors are by far my favorite as I love the sound, the smell and am a sucker for a wicked powerband! I'm more than happy to help when/as I can and will only offer up what I feel is sound advice.

I've been cruising the site for awhile reading up on some of the nuances you face with your karts powerplants as I'm using one (GX200 clone) in a old Suzuki quad I got on trade without an engine (and dont expect to find the right one anytime soon). I decided I was bored of just looking at it and wanted to get it motorvated! After much reading here I decided to get a 30 series (clone) torque converter off Amazon for my project and so far so good (even though my gear ratio isnt ideal). Heres a quick pic of "The Ditchbanger", yes I have a cover for the TC and yes I have plastics for the quad it's still in the building/testing/tweaking phase so no sense wasting time installing/removing it every time I work on it. Maybe I'll do a build thread on it if people seem interested even though it's not a kart! Lol

Attachments

• 20200203_170415.jpg
    20200203_170415.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 20200615_225124.jpg
    20200615_225124.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 4

Brianator

Gettin' er done!
Reaction score
Thanks folks!

JT : Thanks and ya you do! Lol. It's nothing special really and will be much tamer than my LT250R which is a big reason I wanted to do this build, it will be great for friends who are beginners and for those days I'd like to take a leisurely ride and do some trail maintenance and or exploration. I'd love to build a (shifter) kart starting with a wreck of a quad but have way too many projects on the go as it is! Maybe one day...

BigWes

Reaction score
Looks like fun! LOL, That torque converter would have chewed my leg off already with my luck!!! I can't imagine how much fun it would be to ride anything like that in snow though. So how does a clone compare to how one of those with a stock quad engine in it? I have no idea as I have never ridden a quad. I have seen videos of mods done like yours and they seem to work well from the best I can tell by watching videos. It's funny really, out of all the things I have driven and crashed I have never ridden a quad...I've even flown planes and helicopters...not crashed those though...motorcycles, dirtbikes, karts, boats...anyway...I need to check your other thread...keep working on this one

Brianator

Gettin' er done!
Reaction score
I have the TC cover on it now (and the plastics) but I was worried about that while testing! Lol. It was a blast in the snow! I'm actually considering getting old snowmobile skis for the front and using sand paddle tires for the rear, it worked fine on hard packed snow but in the fluffy stuff it was struggling because the front tires were "pushing" snow. The clone is a little underpowered compared to what have been the stock motor but once I bore it .010 over, remove the governor and rework the carb it should have some more guts, it's only hitting 15mph or so but really for a casual trail cruiser it's doing just fine! Quads are great and lots of fun, they can throw you off if you corner wrong though! Hopefully you get to take a 4 wheeler for a rip through some nice woods, it's a great feeling!