Harbor Freight V-Twin

Status
Not open for further replies.

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Messages
9,358
Reaction score
94
Location
COMFORT, TEXAS
Read the reviews on Hf site. 2 guys said damaged at delivery. and 2 or 3 said "Idles too high for centrifugal clutch, and not adjustable idle speed. hmmm??
Also 1 review was from October 2014, as far as "When did this come out"
 

supermanotorious

Winchmaster 5000
Messages
2,088
Reaction score
103
Location
New River, AZ
right right, I did read all the reviews, seems like online order only, I would run a 40 series TAV with it, I need to explain to my customer that it's new and relatively untested and see if he would prefer to opt for a name brand at twice the price
 

Griff726

New member
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Location
Hudson Valley, NY
right right, I did read all the reviews, seems like online order only, I would run a 40 series TAV with it, I need to explain to my customer that it's new and relatively untested and see if he would prefer to opt for a name brand at twice the price

I saw them in the store by me when I was in there buying my 212. They look cool. :2guns:
 

mckutzy

Well-known member
Messages
8,353
Reaction score
110
Location
bc, canada
Y'all Sothern brothers got the best deals in the house. Us northern folks can't order them from here, they don't ship those to Canada.
 

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Messages
9,358
Reaction score
94
Location
COMFORT, TEXAS
Sorry I meant to say I read (red) the reviews. I guess it came out like GO read (reed) the reviews. Stupid English language.
 

Denny

Canned Monster
Messages
11,993
Reaction score
8,505
Location
Mayberry, Indiana
I got mine finally on November 27 ( ordered in September). It is still sitting in my living room, my female coonhound likes to lay next to it, the male yellow lab stays away from it. :huh: If my female coyote/pit bull mix was still alive she would have already been dragging me out to the shop to build her a go kart. I have read that they do have a high idle for emission reasons but there is a way to get around it. There is work being done now to figure out hop up parts. Do not disconnect the governor the cranks don't like it and want to exit the block. That's all I know for sure at this time.

Denny
:feedtroll:
 

supermanotorious

Winchmaster 5000
Messages
2,088
Reaction score
103
Location
New River, AZ
good advice Denny, as it turns out, this customer spoke with a competitor of mine and they use Subaru engines exclusively, my customer does not like those guys but they "sold" him on Subaru so he's demading one in his build, I'm happy to put those in the winches if the customer is willing to pay for it but you know how affordable Chinese engines are so putting in a name brand literally doubles the whole winch price, anyway, I was at Harbpr Freight getting a few supplies and got to see the engine in person, in a new, monster generator- I can not wait to build something with one... maybe a 3/4 bike....
 

Attachments

  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 17
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 16
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top