Harbor Freight Cordless 1/4” Impact Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score

anickode

Reaction score
I'd go with the 20v. If they expand the product line, there is likely to be a far wider variety offered for the 20v system.

I just started using the new Kobalt 24v bruahless tools, and they are awesome. I have the drill, impact driver, sawzall, and circular saw. Batteries are some of the best priced on the market. $20 for 2ah, $50 for 4ah, and $100 for 6ah.

I snapped a 3/8" grade 3 bolt with the rattle driver the other day. Caught me totally off guard.

The tools are definitely of quality build, heavy duty, lots of power. Apart from being blue, they are very similar in form and feel to Milwaukee.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
My dad and I have a Ridgid drill and impact driver set, both cordless. Good quality tool, and I try to stay away from Horror Freight with the more complex tools.

Texan

Senor Member
Reaction score
I've been eying the Bauer for $69 (nice)

20V Lithium
1.5ah battery (reviews say battery last a long time)
1300in-lbs max torque
Wide range of other Bauer battery powered tools/accessories

https://www.harborfreight.com/20v-hypermax-lithium-14-in-hex-compact-impact-driver-kit-63528.html

My dad and I have a Ridgid drill and impact driver set, both cordless. Good quality tool, and I try to stay away from Horror Freight with the more complex tools.

I try to stay away from taking advice from a 12 year old :roflol:

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
I try to stay away from taking advice from a 12 year old :roflol:

:rolleyes:
UH! RUDE! I'm not 12!
I'm 13, duhhhh :roflol: ;)
And I actually have quite a lot more intelligence than you think.
But you guys probably don't believe that, you just think I'm an average kid that's constantly thinking of ways to get out of schooling so I can get into trouble. WRONG!!
To reinforce that statement, I've actually built computers before, and I usually fix them by myself too. Software and hardware.
So no, it's not always a bad idea to take my advice.

J.S.@SMS

Road Hazard
Reaction score
I said that I helped my father build it. And the only time that professionals were used was in the engineering stage, and making the trusses. Other than that some of my dads friends helped. And believe me, a house is much more complicated than a computer. And I was rebuilding engines the following year.

950speed

Reaction score
This is getting off topic and more of an argument. I would suggest you quit before something happens.

Joe-405

Enjoying New Projects
Reaction score
I use the Bosch set for about $179ish for both drill and impact. Had mine for about 7years or so and never had a issue out of anything at all. Batteries and all still work great.

Attachments

• F6A8894E-0FD7-4F46-92DF-8E314BC2E0A4.jpeg
    F6A8894E-0FD7-4F46-92DF-8E314BC2E0A4.jpeg
    95 KB · Views: 1

Kartorbust

Reaction score
I haven't used the impact from Harbor Freight. I have a DeWalt 20v brushed 1/4" impact that I bought back in 2013. Batteries still work for the most part. It produces 1400ft/lbs of torque and it does well. I've heard mixed results with electric motor tools from Harbor Freight. I'd try the cheaper one first and if it doesn't go well, buy a different one.

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
I've actually built computers before, and I usually fix them by myself too. Software and hardware.
I bet you have NOT!

you might have assembled a computer
and you might have replaced a defective RAM or Graphics card.. maybe swapped a processor or PSU..
but I'm 99.9% certain you have not ever soldered any components to a PCB, much less designed the PCB to solder to..
surely not in 'computer' scale
So no.. you have NOT BUILT a computer. :p

You fix hardware? nice.. I have an old mainboard laying around that urgently needs recapping... wanna give it a try?

terminology ... I know, but you unlikely ever fixed any hardware at all.. replaced yes, fixed...nope.

Same for Software btw.. you have installed software.. and likely drivers yourself..
but have you WRITTEN some? patched any? recompiled?
Clicking the update button does not count btw ;)

Don't get me wrong I know a ton of people who wouldn't dare to try and assemble a computer (one of which is an actual brain surgeon!), and I know a few who tried and failed.
mostly by buying incompatible parts or forgetting about a thermal paste or such..

'sid

LightningTeg

Reaction score
Hitachi stuff has treated me really well. I've had the same 18V drill and driver for 10 years now. Used in contracting jobs, dropped off 12ft ladders, used almost every day for automotive mechanics work and home improvement projects side by side. So I'll be buying more of that I think since I already have a stash of 18V batteries for them and thats where the cost usually is...

Other then that I am a big fan of Milwaukee and Makita stuff. Dewalt not so much. Seems clunky and unrefined.

skulldrinker

Reaction score
I bet you have NOT!

you might have assembled a computer
and you might have replaced a defective RAM or Graphics card.. maybe swapped a processor or PSU..

--cut--

'sid

assembled;see also-build, built...

Attachments

• 2019-11-04 01_42_45-Window.jpg
    2019-11-04 01_42_45-Window.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 3
Status
Not open for further replies.