• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Guess what I picked up yesterday for FREE!!!

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Hmmmm, don't know what to say then.....

Does it run good until a certain RPM? Because when my kart is lean, it will "buck" at high speed, cutting out and then getting power.

Austin_Gore

Reaction score
Hmmmm, don't know what to say then.....

Does it run good until a certain RPM? Because when my kart is lean, it will "buck" at high speed, cutting out and then getting power.

It starts sputtering in 4-5 gear at wot other than that its fine:confused:

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Probably trash in the carburetor. Clean it out and try again.

I have cleaned it multiple time but same thing thinking about getting a rebuild kit:toetap05::idea2:

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Sounds like a drivetrain issue then. Maybe a sloppy 4th and 5th gears? Play somewhere in the system?

Austin_Gore

Reaction score
the it shifts perfectly everything's tight but when i took the carb apart there was corrosion(some green stuff like you see on pennies on the jets and in the bowl) in it bowl can't get the green stuff off proably going to get a rebuild kit since they are pretty cheap

Austin_Gore

Reaction score
ok so got it running fine and i was mudding through the pond in it and it sucked in so me water in to the air box and stalled out and the exhaust started filling so i got it out as quick as i could and got it up on dry land and drained airbox, carb, and exhaust and pulled plug and turned it over a bunch of times to shoot out any water and then i put in plug and connected everything and wont start and it has lost a good bit of compression and wont fire or anything what do i do???? need responses ASAP please help

anickode

Reaction score
If you sucked mud into the engine it probably chewed up your intake valve and scored the cylinder wall among other things. Or the mud running back down the exhaust could have damaged the exhaust valve when you cranked it over. Could have hydrolocked the engine and damaged all sorts of stuff. If you're truly low on compression after that, there is no quick fix.

Besides that, water anywhere in the ignition coil, wiring, or kill switch will make it not fire.

Your carb bowl is probably full of water

Your carb Jets are probably plugged up with crap from trying to run on water

There's probably water in your oil

Let it dry for a day or two, give it a thorough carb cleaning and an oil change and put a compression tester on it. That will give you a better idea of you damaged the engine itself.