Go-Karts are Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron John

Reaction score
Looks like grandma's had fun on karts back then too!

A fifth wheel drive! Clever!

anderkart

Reaction score
Here's a pic of my older brother getting ready to race his friends go karts on their homemade dirt-oval track in 1955.

But according to most of the "Internet go kart racing experts", the very first go kart race ever held, was in California in 1958...
Yeah right. As far as I'm concerned, a bunch of Phoenix Arizona kids beat you guys by at least 6 years. Lol :D

If anyone's interested in more info about this, I posted a thread with lots more info/pics about my bro and his kart racing buddies here at this link: http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=11945

fourtogo

Reaction score
Photo

I like Rockets
View attachment 26114

View attachment 26115
:wai::wai::wai:[/QUOTE TV Tommy Ivo was always pissed about that photo. The story goes the Rocket kart broke . And promoter still want a photo in the news about his race. So they staged the photo. Broke Kart and all. Don't get wrong those rocket Karts were a real bad player. I believe a AUS'e holds a record at 240mph in the 1/4 a Rosco G some thing. Tommy is still unhappy LoL

Iron John

Reaction score
Here's a pic of my older brother getting ready to race his friends go karts on their homemade dirt-oval track in 1955.

But according to most of the "Internet go kart racing experts", the very first go kart race ever held, was in California in 1958...
Yeah right. As far as I'm concerned, a bunch of Phoenix Arizona kids beat you guys by at least 6 years. Lol :D

If anyone's interested in more info about this, I posted a thread with lots more info/pics about my bro and his kart racing buddies here at this link: http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=11945

I guess the problem was they did not yet use the term go-kart! :(

GregMartin

I like fast cars
Reaction score
I like Rockets
View attachment 26114

View attachment 26115
:wai::wai::wai:[/QUOTE TV Tommy Ivo was always pissed about that photo. The story goes the Rocket kart broke . And promoter still want a photo in the news about his race. So they staged the photo. Broke Kart and all. Don't get wrong those rocket Karts were a real bad player. I believe a AUS'e holds a record at 240mph in the 1/4 a Rosco G some thing. Tommy is still unhappy LoL

Yeah Rosco McGlashan apparently went 253mph in the eighties. I don't know how you would fit balls that big in a gokart
McGlashan1.jpg

gixxerkart

Big Boss
Reaction score
Jeez... These ppl had to be rich or noobs. Wearing white while karting... Ugh... That mud will never come outta that cashmere blouse!

Status
Not open for further replies.