go kart mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

rushking19

Active member
Messages
1,045
Reaction score
2
Location
Richmond Virginia
I go the head gasket to day sadly I can't run it because it is to late, I would of done it sooner but I was at football practice intell 7
:auto:
 

exenos

Project Nut
Messages
1,217
Reaction score
0
Location
Ontario, Canada
Do you know what the bore size is? I wouldnt get it if its much smaller than a 22mm And that has electronic choke, make sure you can operate that properly. Also since its a slide vs a butterfly it should improve the throttle response (will if its large enough)
 

rushking19

Active member
Messages
1,045
Reaction score
2
Location
Richmond Virginia
And how do I hook up the governor to the new carburetor like my old carburetor right it has a short metal peice connecting to the governor to help it idle.
 

rushking19

Active member
Messages
1,045
Reaction score
2
Location
Richmond Virginia
and how can you tell if it still haves the governor, i found out my engine was modifid, the head was shaved down when i opened it to change the head gasket. and i am not sure if the previous owner did anything else to the engine.
 

rushking19

Active member
Messages
1,045
Reaction score
2
Location
Richmond Virginia
Have any one tryed these 2 products


if you have, tell me how good they work
 

Doc Sprocket

*********
Messages
15,677
Reaction score
152
Location
Ontario, Canada
What if i don't use the governor even if it is still in the engine

Then you risk serious engine damage. The internals can let go at higher RPM and scatter parts inside the engine. I just went through this. Got very lucky...

Examine the engine closely. If the governor stem is still protruding through the hole, then you'll have to open it up. Failing all else, post some good engine pics, and we'll help you look.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top