Go Kart ID Needed & Engine Recommendation

RastaJoe

Reaction score
Please help me to ID this go kart. Also would like any suggestions on what engine would be good to put in it.
download.jpeg

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Uhhhh that's a stock image that's not your kart, so that image doesn't help at all. Furthermore if that's the same as your kart it's a generic Chinese mini buggy, probably sold under dozens of brands.
So let's start with actual pictures of your kart.

RastaJoe

Reaction score
Uhhhh that's a stock image that's not your kart, so that image doesn't help at all. Furthermore if that's the same as your kart it's a generic Chinese mini buggy, probably sold under dozens of brands.
So let's start with actual pictures of your kart.
I don't have one yet but I was looking at a kit from Princess Auto, which can be found here: https://www.princessauto.com/en/diy-two-seat-gas-go-kart-kit/product/PA0008926107

It doesn't come with an engine, which is why I was asking about engine recommendations.
It doesn't state who makes it though so I was curious and thought maybe someone on here would recognize it and be able to tell me.

Kent

Reaction score
Willits, California (Northern California)
Seems odd they say it is electric start but doesn't have an engine. Maybe it's wired for a starter. If you bought this kart you could then check that whatever engine you get would be combatable with the CVT they are providing. Probably a 30 but you know how "murphy's law" works.

RastaJoe

Reaction score
Seems odd they say it is electric start but doesn't have an engine. Maybe it's wired for a starter. If you bought this kart you could then check that whatever engine you get would be combatable with the CVT they are providing. Probably a 30 but you know how "murphy's law" works.
Yea I thought that seems weird too, I haven't yet purchased the kit yet as I figured it might be beneficial to see what ideas/suggestions people more experienced than myself with go-karts would have to say about it before I take the plunge and actually buy the kit. I would guess that it comes with a keyed ignition and the CVT transmission and you just buy the engine and hook everything up and away you go (unfortunately it's never that easy though).

RastaJoe

Reaction score
The attachment is a list of the parts that comes included with the kit. The kit is currently selling for $2600 CAD (tax incl.) and supposedly comes with everything needed except the engine.

Attachments

• 8926107_partsnb_en_02_v01_components.pdf
    64.5 KB · Views: 5

KMEFA

Reaction score
You might be able to find a slightly used ''complete'' one ''similar'' on Craigslist ect. within reasonable distance,, for probably '' a lot'' less than what that costs for just the kit minus engine.
Just look under ATV /UTV's.
I have also seen similar ones like that @ Theisen's here in the Mid west.
It's like a big farm/ implement chain,, sort of like Menards ect.
They have Coleman ones that are ''real similar'',, & I think they are a bit cheaper than just that kit is.

I

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
Definitely too much money. I just clicked on the first Bing heading for "gokarts" and got "gokartsusa.com". Quick glance shows a midsize Pathfinder kart that also has the electric start and CVT w/reverse for $2,000, big price difference. Big difference in the kart itself though, is that it also has a 200cc Honda clone gas engine, and you don't have to build it yourself as it's ready to ride. Only weighs 410 lbs., max rated to carry 500 lbs., and has a spare tire setup.

KMEFA

Reaction score
Doing a quick Google search,, there's tons of various ''complete'' new ones out there for around the same price ''or cheaper'' than that kit.
Most have pretty much free ship also,, just needs basic assembly. ;)
I definitely wouldn't go with that kit.
You would have more in it all said & done,, than the top of the line Coleman.
The Coleman that is the same chassis is called an XL 200.

Mad Prof. is right about what he found also,, just need to get - ''cheap'', or even better,, - ''free'' ship.
That CVT w/ reverse is pretty cool.
Think they brand that as a Massimo also.

Last edited:

KMEFA

Reaction score
Just checked out the ''Trail master 'mid' - XRX R'' ,, @ Go Karts USA.
That looks like a really good deal for $2,099.00, with free ship.
It has the 196cc engine, CVT plus reverse, elect. start,, & live axel ect. ect.
That's probably the one I would go with,,, plus they say it's ''assembled''. ;)
Looks like their ship is 2 - 4 weeks out though.

KMEFA

Reaction score
Just for kicks,,
As of today,, $2,600 CAD dollars is: $2,049.28 USD.

Added,
USD just went down to $2,049.02.

Last edited:

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
Reckon ah awter innvest my $3.38 lyfe savins inn Cannyda munny.
Seriously, that's a huge currency difference at $0.79 USD on the CAD. I should start paying closer attention to what I read, might miss out on a great deal somewhere.

KMEFA

Reaction score
I, uh,, I,,, gut yiz beit...
JUZT dugss up mia LYFE savins frum tha baaaak yaUrd, & itz a wopins $ 3.75.

LMFAO !!!!!!!!!!!! 😆😝🤪🤣🙃:p

Last edited: