Go-kart engines not many people use but should

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Rato is one of a few Chinese engine manufacturers, usually they are yellow and black. They also make the Predator I believe.

Karts of Kaos

the many mowers guy
Reaction score
thanks. I got it running yesterday with a quick carb clean. it is not running quite right. but I think that is because one of the gaskets is torn. I think that it is going to be a nice strong engine. I polished up the shaft and next onto a kart!

ThatTomGuy

Reaction score
I have a 243 rotax snowmobile engine a friend dropped off. I saw it running in a video chat but haven;t tried it since it arrived a year ago.
It's just the complete motor with the tapered output shaft sticking out that I would have to adapt to for drivetrain.
While i understand what clutches and things do, I do not have the knowledge to go buy the components needed that go onto that shaft so it will drive a rear axle.
kinda why I joined this site.... to learn from the like minded and hopefully put some projects together.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Only a few members have used snowmobile engines on here. I'll be using one on my buggy build that I'll hopefully be starting this summer or fall.

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Reaction score
$200 on Home Depot's website will get you your choice of a Lifan or Duromax 196cc 6.5-7.0 hp electric start engine. <this was true yesterday anyway.

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
Hey right on im buying a 440cc duromax for my yerfdog the only reason is i have to put lights on it so its street legal which means no more 60mph+ rips i gotta keep the goveneor on the 440cc but it should still riiiip also i plan on making a new engine plate to acomodate the new big block instead of my worn out old honda ( still runs mint)

ThatTomGuy

Reaction score
can't seem to find duromax engines in canada. Everything I'm finding with google searches are built into pressure washers , generators ect. I did find Lifan engines at home depot though. They have a 7hp, 6:1, pull and electric key start for 550ish (canadian) . Gonna have to watch for sales to come up.

rockman96

Reaction score
I snagged a Duromax 440 last night on Home Depot's site for $352. I'm gonna build the crap out of it and run it on methanol