Gas power wheels jeep

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigair49

Reaction score
Hey all I was checking out the site and reading about some builds and such. I thought this would be a great place to share my little project that My son and I just finished.. I'll start with a few pics to see if there is any interest!!

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
Now that is one lucky kid! I always wanted a power wheels when i was little, i woulda died for a gas one. Nice work man:cheers2:

bigair49

Reaction score
Cool thanks guys, well the boy hasn't had it topped out yet but I would say it will do about 20- 25 MPH I have a ton of pics of the build so I'll post more

bigair49

Reaction score
I guess I'll tell the story of the Barbie Jeep Coversion.I started building the frame for my daughter when she was 4 but I got side tracked with other projects and a new BOY ect..so needless to say the frame and body ended up behind the shed with all the other unfinished projects. One day my boy says " there is a broken jeep behind the shed can you fix it for me" so I pulled it out from the tangel of weeds and spider webs the body had moss growing on it the frame couldn't be any more rusty! So begins the second go at building this thing.
We got every thing cleaned up and finished up some fabrication on the frame and started to get some paint down!

bigair49

Reaction score
and here are some of the body

then we added some lights

then we added a trailer...Why you ask?? well I thought that it would be cool to have him drive the jeep in this years Canada Day Parade pulling his bike to help support our Motocross company (BOMAR RACING)
Here are a few of the whole rig

and a few VIDEOS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmlh_p9tRmk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ysYXk91TpU&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inkJo5VQyN8&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eRKeE4unOU&feature=channel

bigair49

Reaction score
As you can see the 33cc two stroke engine was a bit under powered for the bike and trailer and was a little slow in the grass sooooo
In goes a brand spankin new 52cc two stroke with electric start!!

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Man, that is a ery nice, super clean build... Kudos for an excellent job!. Now- How 'bout some more detail- Did you kill a kid's quad for the suspenion components, or is that all self-fabbed? Tell us about all the technical aspects... Cheers- Chris

bigair49

Reaction score
Custom made one off frame to sute the body and that size tire and yes all self fabbed, The coil overs are from mountain bikes. PLANS? not yet but if someone wanted them I could come up with something. I have tons of pictures of the build if there is an interest??

sideways

Unfinished projects king.
Reaction score
That is the coolest thing I have seen in a long time. Beautifully built, I real credit to you, you should be very proud. :thumbsup:

Good to see you've left space for a small motorbike engine for when he gets older ;).

Just wandering, what's the suspension like? Is it pretty solid or kinda soft? Been thinking of making something like this for my little cousins for ages, thought of using the separate forks from from mountain bikes, thought the back one would be too stiff.

Thanks

Hayden

dpaxson

Reaction score
does that suspension even move with just the weight of a small kid in the jeep? those shocks look like they're mounted really far out on the swingarm/a-arms for that light of a vehicle? it's a sweet looking build thought regardless!

Status
Not open for further replies.