• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Gaming Chitchat

What kind of a gamer are you??

• Not into it.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Casual gamer

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Avid gamer

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Way too into it!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

karl

Reaction score
Most of the system is parts from stuff I've gotten out of an e-recycling bin. (Everything but graphics card)
At least when there was one locally, around 5 years ago, so much good stuff got thrown out. Seems like lots of people
just buy a new one, when their unit gets slow. Instead of cleaning it up and getting rid of bloatware.
Many decently relevant, and vintage pieces. Pulled an EICO ST70 full tube amplifier from the early 60's, hand built, and got it working,
enjoyed, and passed on. That is true recycling.

I have a ryzen rig, but spend most of my screen time on a sandy bridge i3, gt710 E-waste setup,
20 year old beige tower from the Pentium II era.

Useless for gaming, but drives 3 old monitors nice. Snappy on the web.

Anyway nice rig!

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Man, I'm only about 5 years older than the Pentium II. It's amazing how far we have come in the last 20 years.

Dingocat

Broke
Reaction score
Man, I'm only about 5 years older than the Pentium II. It's amazing how far we have come in the last 20 years.
So that makes you about 10 years older than me. lol
At least when there was one locally, around 5 years ago, so much good stuff got thrown out. Seems like lots of people
just buy a new one, when their unit gets slow. Instead of cleaning it up and getting rid of bloatware.
Many decently relevant, and vintage pieces. Pulled an EICO ST70 full tube amplifier from the early 60's, hand built, and got it working,
enjoyed, and passed on. That is true recycling.

I have a ryzen rig, but spend most of my screen time on a sandy bridge i3, gt710 E-waste setup,
20 year old beige tower from the Pentium II era.

Useless for gaming, but drives 3 old monitors nice. Snappy on the web.

Anyway nice rig!
Thanks, took a while to be a decent rig, I'm happy with it where it's at now.

Got the good stuff a few years ago, but the bin turned into a dumping spot for people who didn't want to get rid of stuff properly, and items were dumped around it, the township removed it when they reorganized the area.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
I'm mostly on console because it's cheaper to get into than PC for the most part. Plus in a one bedroom apartment, no room for a PC desk setup.

Mr_mcrib212

Inmate #2148
Reaction score
I'm planning to buy a mid range MT desktop and make it into a beast of a pc so I can finally have a decent setup. This is the pc i plan on upgrading, i honestly have no idea what to expect.

Dingocat

Broke
Reaction score
I'm planning to buy a mid range MT desktop and make it into a beast of a pc so I can finally have a decent setup. This is the pc i plan on upgrading, i honestly have no idea what to expect.
That should work well. Just put a decent graphics card in it and it should be faster than mine.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
That’s basically the bigger version of my PC case, it looks almost exactly the same! You get a Core i7 to start out with though, lucky!

Mr_mcrib212

Inmate #2148
Reaction score
dells are very picky about what power supply you give it. Also if i do get it, i'll probably add an AMD radeon vega gtx which is on my laptop and works really well.

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
i personnaly play minecraft, beamNG.drive, GMod, SLRR, and NR2003. and was big into coding and modding for beamng at one point but i play on a walmart potato so mosty games i can run beamng is unplayable on big maps small maps with no brush are only small bits of lag but is totally playble. cheap amd laptops suck. also i play alot on my xbox one S

jamyers

Reaction score
I pretty much only play World of Warships, but it's getting too silly with cartoon ships and typically stupid Wargaming "updates" that screw everybody over unless you're going to shovel money at them - which I won't, so I typically pop in once every other day and tool around in my Tier 3 Bogatyr (Russian Cruiser) and sealclub with HE shells.

Anyways, I built this machine two years ago, ended up costing me just under $800, and still keeps up no problem with game graphics on max settings.

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor
ARCTIC Freezer 12 CPU Cooler
Asus TUF B450-PLUS GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Western Digital Blue SN500 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
XFX Radeon RX 580 8 GB GTR XXX Video Card
Antec Three Hundred Two ATX Mid Tower Case
Corsair CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply
Cyber Acoustics CA-3090 10 W 2.1 Channel Speakers

I love the motherboard, the SSD, the video card, and the case. Everything else works just fine, except the speakers, which occasaionally start spitting and popping - I wouldn't recommend them.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Seems like a good website. Have a few gripes with it, doesn't always give the full specs of the hardware, lack of prices at times (could say not available or something), and sometimes too many options for some of the hardware.

I do like that it gives you a rough estimate of how many watts of power it's going to use. It's nice that when they do give prices, it's from multiple sources.

GardenJoseph

Reaction score
Casual gamer. Despite I have a decent pc, not playing games a lot. But the main purpose I was buying pc for was gaming lol xd
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
https://www.hotslots.review/

Last edited:

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Casual gamer. Despite I have a decent pc, not playing games a lot. But the main purpose I was buying pc for was gaming lol xd
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
https://www.hotslots.review/

Isnt that how it usually goes? Build a PC for gaming then not even use it because life gets in the way?

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
ive had the same account for more than five years on xbox and never paid for gold to play multiplayer and all the sudden yesterday i cant play multiplayer and it wants gold im gonna have a chat with microsoft