Frankenstein kart/Not the original!

Vtdad28

Reaction score
All the boys took a few test drives tonight and loved it. It turns like crap, stops like crap, and isn’t nearly as fast as I thought (which is a plus after the first 2) but I’m sure they will beat the ever loving crap out of it time and time again. Running to tractor supply in the am to grab a tube of grease because I forgot to grease the bearings but other than that gunna let them see how long it takes them to brake it tm and sunday

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
All the boys took a few test drives tonight and loved it. It turns like crap, stops like crap, and isn’t nearly as fast as I thought (which is a plus after the first 2) but I’m sure they will beat the ever loving crap out of it time and time again. Running to tractor supply in the am to grab a tube of grease because I forgot to grease the bearings but other than that gunna let them see how long it takes them to brake it tm and sunday
Pictures please!

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
Looks fun. One thing, get those boys some helmets! I'm not talking bicycle helmets, I'm talking DOT approved helmets. Boys being boys they'll flip something eventually and you'll be dang happy you got a helmet. I didn't mean to bite your head off, I just want them to be safe. Have fun out there!

Vtdad28

Reaction score
Looks fun. One thing, get those boys some helmets! I'm not talking bicycle helmets, I'm talking DOT approved helmets. Boys being boys they'll flip something eventually and you'll be dang happy you got a helmet. I didn't mean to bite your head off, I just want them to be safe. Have fun out there!
We have it in the plans to do so but didn’t have one at the moment and wasn’t going to not let them take it for a test ride. And they will absolutely most definitely flip it eventually. They are triplets so everything they do is 100x harder than most 😂 Don’t worry, I didn’t take it in any wrong way, I really enjoy this forum and the people in it!

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
We have it in the plans to do so but didn’t have one at the moment and wasn’t going to not let them take it for a test ride. And they will absolutely most definitely flip it eventually. They are triplets so everything they do is 100x harder than most 😂 Don’t worry, I didn’t take it in any wrong way, I really enjoy this forum and the people in it!
Great! We love you having you here as well, at least I do lol. Triplets, wow. Everything must be difficult! Sounds like y'all have fun out there, glad you guys are safe. This is new, I feel like I'm doing Panchothedog's job lol.

Vtdad28

Reaction score
Great! We love you having you here as well, at least I do lol. Triplets, wow. Everything must be difficult! Sounds like y'all have fun out there, glad you guys are safe. This is new, I feel like I'm doing Panchothedog's job lol.
This is my people interaction since I’m home with the kids all day lol, and they usually make it 10x harder at least 😂 at least they are getting older and can help with their younger siblings! We try to have fun, stuck way out here gotta have something to do. Got lots of animals to stay busy with too haha. You are on a great role, keep it going. Just no competition between you too 😂🤣

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
Don't worry, no competition, Pancho has a few years on me, he'll keep the title. How many kids are there? I'm sure you'll need a lot of karts! Mini bikes too. So many options...

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Yay! The first in a long line of crappy karts, but the greatest in the world to the kids! Don’t worry you’ll improve with all the subsequent karts you’ll be building and Jack Daniels you’ll be drinking trying to figure out bigger and badder karts in the future.

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
VTdad, What was your total cost? Or did you 'accidentally' forget to count. Looking at my kart, total cost will be over $700. But I'm going nut-and-bolt restoration with polishing and prettyish paint. I bet this thing was pretty low cost, because of the Frankensteining.

Master Hack

Reaction score
I bet this thing was pretty low cost, because of the Frankensteining
That is an art form! It takes years to develope the skills necessary to elevate regular “building” to a true art form such as can be seen on this forum and this thread in particular. Keep yer eyes open and yer mind even more open, and you’ll find lots of potential in common junk.

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
That is an art form! It takes years to develope the skills necessary to elevate regular “building” to a true art form such as can be seen on this forum and this thread in particular. Keep yer eyes open and yer mind even more open, and you’ll find lots of potential in common junk.
Oh yeah, don't ya worry, some day you'll see me with some Franken karts/bikes. But for now, full restoration. Not trying to hijack!

Vtdad28

Reaction score
Don't worry, no competition, Pancho has a few years on me, he'll keep the title. How many kids are there? I'm sure you'll need a lot of karts! Mini bikes too. So many options...
Currently 4 boys and 1 little girl so am most definitely going to be starting a fleet! My wife wants to move and one condition was that there would be enough room for a track right by the house and she agreed so starting to plan that as well! So many options, hopefully I’ll still be in this site in 5+ years and be able to show the growth

Vtdad28

Reaction score
VTdad, What was your total cost? Or did you 'accidentally' forget to count. Looking at my kart, total cost will be over $700. But I'm going nut-and-bolt restoration with polishing and prettyish paint. I bet this thing was pretty low cost, because of the Frankensteining.
New parts are Predator 212, axel, sprocket, brake setup, pedals, chain, pillow blocks, rear tires and rims, torque convertor and clutch, so roughly $650-700 which is way more than I had anticipated. I even paid $65 for the wagon I chopped to pieces when I bought it because I wasn’t planning on cutting it 😂🤣 but live and learn. once I realized my original plan wasn’t going to work with the original axel, tires, brakes, etc I was into it too deep and didn’t want to scrap the project although maybe I should have 😅 all of the steel was free and I did have a lot more free parts I didn’t end up using because I changed route

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
New parts are Predator 212, axel, sprocket, brake setup, pedals, chain, pillow blocks, rear tires and rims, torque convertor and clutch, so roughly $650-700 which is way more than I had anticipated. I even paid $65 for the wagon I chopped to pieces when I bought it because I wasn’t planning on cutting it 😂🤣 but live and learn. once I realized my original plan wasn’t going to work with the original axel, tires, brakes, etc I was into it too deep and didn’t want to scrap the project although maybe I should have 😅 all of the steel was free and I did have a lot more free parts I didn’t end up using because I changed route
Yeah I think that planning can make a more expensive project cheaper. I mean I'm buying absolutely everything for this build, I have hand and power tools, but not the lubes and degreasers and polishes. But how pretty it looks doesn't really matter, as long as it's safe and drives well. I'm mostly practicing for car restoration, might as well start smaller and cheaper.

Vtdad28

Reaction score
Yeah I think that planning can make a more expensive project cheaper. I mean I'm buying absolutely everything for this build, I have hand and power tools, but not the lubes and degreasers and polishes. But how pretty it looks doesn't really matter, as long as it's safe and drives well. I'm mostly practicing for car restoration, might as well start smaller and cheaper.
Couldn’t agree more. I did a few car restorations for my first cars and part of the great thing about go karts was it was cheaper and figured it was a great way to get back into something on the smaller scale like you said