Franken buggy revision 85673A

panchothedog

Well-known member
Messages
2,923
Reaction score
3,961
22's are very plentiful for either 8 or 10 inch rims. What size are the rears on your kart. Sounds wound up pretty tight, like it would easily pull more gear or taller tires. 22's compared to 20's would give you about a 4.5 mph increases in speed, and as noted by Denny a smoother ride. Not to mention a little more ground clearance. Doubt that you'll find any scrounging on the mountain top. Going to have to buy them (probably). While you're buying things, let me suggest that you show the Grandkids a little love and order a $29.95 upholstered seat cover from Jegs or Summit. Now that it looks like seat time will be considerably longer than on previous outings, that bare plastic seat is going to get real hard, real fast. Ask me how I know. Just a mountain top fan trying to offer a little fanly advice.
 

panchothedog

Well-known member
Messages
2,923
Reaction score
3,961
I think I might have brought this up once before ( A long long time ago ), but that automatic position reporting system, as well as the two way radio. Grampa, I'm lost and the engine quit. Don't worry young man, I've got you located on my magic gizmo and I'll start walking towards you right now. How far away do you think you are? That's why this old fool ( me) bought a cushy mini bike with suspension front and rear. Plus I don't have the magic electronic gizmo. A trails type motorcycle would work just as good. I didn't own one, and wanted something simple that anyone could ride.
 

Master Hack

Well-known member
Messages
4,376
Reaction score
7,052
Location
Mountain top Labratory
I remember (vaguely) being a 16 year old kid spending the night alone in the desert lost, out of gas with a dirt bike, all cuz I took a wrong turn.
At 2 AM every sound is either big foot, space aliens, or giant scorpions. It wasn't much fun. Cool technology didn't exist, come to think of it, technology didn't exist....
I was found at dawn, only about a mile from where I needed to be.
 

Master Hack

Well-known member
Messages
4,376
Reaction score
7,052
Location
Mountain top Labratory
Thanks!
I was more afraid of the scorpions. Bigfoot just rips yer head off, so its over quickly. The Scorpions spear ya with that thingy on the tail. then they slowly eat ya, like some kinda BBQ skewer.
Then the aliens, they take ya apart slowly to see how ya work.

So yeah, not a fun night.
 

Denny

Canned Monster
Messages
12,011
Reaction score
8,521
Location
Mayberry, Indiana
It was a desert. Nothing to burn. Nothin to do but sit there and watch the aliens flying around at night, listen to "things" creeping up in the dark.
You ever try to sleep on a dirt bike? Hungry, thirsty, cold, bored, scared.

Don't have deserts in Indiana? (not dessert)
We don’t need deserts in Indiana. We have trees and running water. :smartass: When I leave the house for the woods I just make sure I can make fire. We were taught that as kids carry a pocket knife and cary fire. Many kids these days aren’t taught basic survival skills. I don’t know how they survive yet amazingly they do.
We have desserts too! Lots of good ones, but too many to list.
Glad the alliums didn’t get you, or did they??? :alien::alien::alien:
 

TNThomas

Well-known member
Messages
495
Reaction score
595
Location
Washington
This rolling pile o crap was taken out secretly to the Mt. Top proving grounds for performance evaluation of the new modifications.
Somehow word got out and the media and our fan club showed up at the track.
I want to take a moment to thank our fans! Both of ya! Yer great!
So back to the blue scrap pile, it works great! Nothing broke, fell off or caught fire!
A blazing 45 MPH was recorded on the back straight.
as per the rules video proof is included.

https://youtube.com/shorts/t2DXpvPBcYA
Nice!
 

Denny

Canned Monster
Messages
12,011
Reaction score
8,521
Location
Mayberry, Indiana
You sprinkled dirt on it? Oh I know, you drove down a dusty gravel road with it on the trailer behind your truck? Your truck doesn’t have mud flaps? Am I right? Did I guess good?
 

panchothedog

Well-known member
Messages
2,923
Reaction score
3,961
Thats the kind of dirt that looks good. The kind that makes you happy. No oil splattered all over the place, and no broken or jagged metal parts visible.
 
Top