First Kart Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

xeanus

New member
Messages
62
Reaction score
0
Finally done with paint removal and got it primered.
 

Attachments

  • 12776747_1023776441042759_1307411687_o.jpg
    12776747_1023776441042759_1307411687_o.jpg
    620.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 12787240_1024133927673677_1822945282_o.jpg
    12787240_1024133927673677_1822945282_o.jpg
    734.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 12809835_1024133921007011_991496147_o.jpg
    12809835_1024133921007011_991496147_o.jpg
    720.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 12788388_1024133811007022_893117462_o (1).jpg
    12788388_1024133811007022_893117462_o (1).jpg
    620.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 12790158_1024133907673679_1935416118_o.jpg
    12790158_1024133907673679_1935416118_o.jpg
    697.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 12788324_1024133821007021_62874636_o.jpg
    12788324_1024133821007021_62874636_o.jpg
    650.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 12443625_1024133867673683_1027470387_o.jpg
    12443625_1024133867673683_1027470387_o.jpg
    644.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 12776922_1024133847673685_949096965_o (1).jpg
    12776922_1024133847673685_949096965_o (1).jpg
    625.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 12788434_1024133881007015_1281424123_o.jpg
    12788434_1024133881007015_1281424123_o.jpg
    703.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 12790042_1024133901007013_2078950256_o.jpg
    12790042_1024133901007013_2078950256_o.jpg
    516.1 KB · Views: 1

xeanus

New member
Messages
62
Reaction score
0
I also forgot to mention, for the love of your sanity, whenever you remove paint from any kart just skip directly to aircraft remover. Bite the bullet and do it.Everything else will just drive you nuts.But that's just my 2 cents.
 

xeanus

New member
Messages
62
Reaction score
0
Probably not the best thing to do but oh well i couldnt help myself. Sprayed a small test area on my kart to see if i would like the color i picked. Its gonna look awesome!Btw if anyone knows how I can just change the name of this thread since all it has done is pretty much become a thread about the whole project and not just the axle. Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • 12804026_1026369067450163_487798125_n.jpg
    12804026_1026369067450163_487798125_n.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 12336290_1026368917450178_1364318649_n.jpg
    12336290_1026368917450178_1364318649_n.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 3

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Messages
9,358
Reaction score
94
Location
COMFORT, TEXAS
What he said^^^ but first contact a moderator.
Or just leave it. By now we all know what it is. LOL
 

xeanus

New member
Messages
62
Reaction score
0
It finally stopped raining! So I was able to get the first coat of paint onto the bottom side of the cart and as much of the sides as i could last night .Gonna let it sit till noon or so then flip it over and paint the top! Lemme know what yall think of the green.
 

Attachments

  • 12833280_1029963043757432_2006325175_n.jpg
    12833280_1029963043757432_2006325175_n.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 12476391_1029963050424098_1505430848_n.jpg
    12476391_1029963050424098_1505430848_n.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 0

xeanus

New member
Messages
62
Reaction score
0
I just realized something.I was about to order spindles with a 5/8 kingpin but the holes on the mounting bracket are only 3/8. Should I get spindles that use 3/8 kingpin or should i just get a spacer for each mounting hole that takes it from 5/8 to 3/8? s
 

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Messages
12,461
Reaction score
70
Location
White Settlement Texas
Well...you've contradicted yourself in the same post....you said the mounting holes were 3/8 then said get spacers to take the mounting holes to 3/8?

Personally, I wouldn't do either....after verfying with spindles in hand...that everything else was correct about them....I'd drill out the mounting bracket holes to 5/8.....

But maybe finding 3/8 spindles might assure the correct ones.....
 

xeanus

New member
Messages
62
Reaction score
0
I meant a spacer I could put inside the kingpin hole on the spindle itself and make it 3/8 instead if 5/8.my apologies
 

xeanus

New member
Messages
62
Reaction score
0
Just around the yard and on some asphalt.Purely for fun. No racing or anything competitive.
 

xeanus

New member
Messages
62
Reaction score
0
Well I got it all painted up.Wanted to bolt the floor pans on but I can find the right threaded socket caps at Lowes or Home Depot so I've got to order those. Cant decide if i want to hide the floor mounting tabs or have the floor pans mounted UNDER the tabs. Originally the front panel was under the tabs and the other two were OVER the tabs.I dont know if they were designed to be like that or if it just happened to be how the previous owner had them bolted on.
 

Attachments

  • 12380992_1030916703662066_1732074500_o.jpg
    12380992_1030916703662066_1732074500_o.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 12516915_1030916663662070_1195418399_o.jpg
    12516915_1030916663662070_1195418399_o.jpg
    605.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 12722472_1030916713662065_2044599716_o.jpg
    12722472_1030916713662065_2044599716_o.jpg
    658.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 12059975_1030916686995401_323684481_o.jpg
    12059975_1030916686995401_323684481_o.jpg
    536 KB · Views: 3

Ryafor

New member
Messages
383
Reaction score
2
Location
Ontario, Canada
Well I got it all painted up.Wanted to bolt the floor pans on but I can find the right threaded socket caps at Lowes or Home Depot so I've got to order those. Cant decide if i want to hide the floor mounting tabs or have the floor pans mounted UNDER the tabs. Originally the front panel was under the tabs and the other two were OVER the tabs.I dont know if they were designed to be like that or if it just happened to be how the previous owner had them bolted on.

Not sure what you mean by right threaded socket caps? i was trying to decide if I should have my tabs under or over aswell. My tabs were over my floor pan and I think it suits it better that way so I'll probably keep it like that. Looks weird the other way. Like its just sitting on. I'm replacing every nut and bolt just about aside from my tie rod bolts and king pins but Ill change the nuts on them probably. .

Still don't know what you mean by threaded socket caps? That hold the floor pan on? My floor pan was held on by half inch bolts that take a hex key or allan wrench. I got new ones already but I may just rivet it on just cause I got my rivet gun like 15 years ago and have only got to use it like twice lol. I got the hex key bolts if I use them but you could just use any 1/4 in half inch bolt or a bit smaller. Its coming along nicely tho........

I want my thread title changed now to :mad2:
 

xeanus

New member
Messages
62
Reaction score
0
I'll post pix of what I meant when I get home.unfortunately I have to use 1/4-28 screws or bolts because someone decided to thread a couple of the mounting tabs and I'd rather they all match thread wise.

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Eventually I'm gonna change the floor pans out with black Diamond plate but these will work till then
 

Ryafor

New member
Messages
383
Reaction score
2
Location
Ontario, Canada
I'll post pix of what I meant when I get home.unfortunately I have to use 1/4-28 screws or bolts because someone decided to thread a couple of the mounting tabs and I'd rather they all match thread wise.

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Eventually I'm gonna change the floor pans out with black Diamond plate but these will work till then

It wont look as fast with the diamond lol it'll look more off road imo but that's just my opinion. I'll have to see pics to know what you mean. I think i know but I dont see the problem. If they threaded the holes smaller bolts (meaning thinner) will work. Bolt hrad and nut or will hold it on. Mine isnt threaded and theyre just nut and bolt
 

xeanus

New member
Messages
62
Reaction score
0
Something like this is what i meant. I really like the way these look and i think it looks smoother with these holding the floor pans on instead of just a regular bolt and nut.
 

Attachments

  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 22
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top