Finally given the old full suspension Murray some love.

G.W

Reaction score
Why don’t you just lengthen the kart? It’s a lot easier to do!
I don't really have the skills and I don't want to risk messing it up. I've got too much time and money into it to have to scrap it because I tried to do something I couldn't

Last edited:

G.W

Reaction score
We could talk you through it quite easily! Especially since you know what a plug weld and a stitch weld are! Pretty hard to screw it up. You would really have to work at it.
I know the theory behind it and how to do it, I just don't have the confidence to stretch the frame. Maybe sometime in the future, but not now.

G.W

Reaction score
Got the engine mount mockup done. I need to botch the 1 inch square tube to set in the frame rails, but other than that I'm almost done. I am aware 1 inch is a little small for this size engine, but I will be bracing it with gussets and cross bars.

Attachments

• 20230607_183920.jpg
    20230607_183920.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 5

electraglide

Reaction score
With that engine you should do well at Bonneville Salt Flats ...... jk ....... do you have already or going to install electric starter ?

G.W

Reaction score
Looks like it should only take 200 bucks to get the engine turning the axle and revamp the front suspension. The suspension revamp includes new shocks, and a rack and pinion steering. The rack and pinion steering is simply just because of how the max suspension droop will change and cause the original steering tie rods to bottom out before the droop

G.W

Reaction score
383.04 to be exact. I could probably have that saved in a month or two. That is if I choose to do full disc brakes

Last edited: