Fat Tire minibike the build

Should I gear it for speed or power?


  • Total voters
    6
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

karl

Well-known member
Messages
2,449
Reaction score
718
Location
North east Ohio
Ok I will probably gear it for 25mph. I have a mock-up of the frame with my go kart motor and tc. There will be more clearance with the tecumseh, I will run a seprate gas tank
 

Attachments

  • mockup6clone1.jpg
    mockup6clone1.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 19
  • framesidetqclone.jpg
    framesidetqclone.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 19

karl

Well-known member
Messages
2,449
Reaction score
718
Location
North east Ohio
Well I haft to postpone the project due to insufficient funding :nopity: I will get more progress when I get some money (probally around next week). Also, I haft to fix my go kart ($60 to get running). :toetap05:
 

Bluethunder3320

New member
Messages
5,677
Reaction score
38
just what i had to do...


i need like 2-300$ to get my bike done, and i have like $1.75 right now.
 

Clayton

New member
Messages
294
Reaction score
0
Location
Saskatchewan, Canada
I can realte to that. After spending all my doh to buy parts for my kart, I got no more cash to work on my bike! I actually owe my dad like $80.
 

Bluethunder3320

New member
Messages
5,677
Reaction score
38
i owed my dad $40 today, but i actually made $40 from letting my neighbors cat out while she was on vacation. that was real cool, but all of that $ is gone now lol!

at least its my birthday in a couple weeks so i can get something. i want to either get a used mini bike off CL or a sandblasting setup.
 

karl

Well-known member
Messages
2,449
Reaction score
718
Location
North east Ohio
I am going to make full suspention on it. Rear duel shocks. Front is in the pic below. It pivots on the 4 lines and the shock is the line that is on 2 tabs. It is not to scale. I will start the rear tonight.:toetap05: Also, I got 2 shocks that are stuck. They sat outside for awile. Is there any way to revive them?
 

Attachments

  • springerfrountfork.jpg
    springerfrountfork.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 16

Bluethunder3320

New member
Messages
5,677
Reaction score
38
pull the shocks apart and see if you can clean them up.

northern tool sells cheap shocks.... might want to look into that.


great idea for the front fork. only problem i see is it looks really tall.
 

karl

Well-known member
Messages
2,449
Reaction score
718
Location
North east Ohio
I got the main frame almost done I haft to put a motor mount on and other little stuff. The fork mount thingy is from an old dolly tire:roflol: . Will keep posting updates :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • framefinish.jpg
    framefinish.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 17
  • framefinish2.jpg
    framefinish2.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 15
  • framefinish4.jpg
    framefinish4.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 17

karl

Well-known member
Messages
2,449
Reaction score
718
Location
North east Ohio
I started to work on the forks. Better quality pics :D I got more welding to do, its tacked for now. I need some flat stock to finish the forks. I am not doing suspension because of $
 

Attachments

  • forks 004.jpg
    forks 004.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 12
  • forks 003.jpg
    forks 003.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 10
  • forks 002.jpg
    forks 002.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 9
  • forks 001.jpg
    forks 001.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 13

karl

Well-known member
Messages
2,449
Reaction score
718
Location
North east Ohio
This is how it will look. I need some flat stock to finish the forks, then I haft to weld axle tabs and a motor mount. Now comes the most important thing on every build in the history of ever... What color should I paint it :roflol:
 

Attachments

  • frameforkmockup 004.jpg
    frameforkmockup 004.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 13
  • frameforkmockup 003.jpg
    frameforkmockup 003.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 21
  • frameforkmockup 002.jpg
    frameforkmockup 002.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 13
  • frameforkmockup 001.jpg
    frameforkmockup 001.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 19

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Messages
2,387
Reaction score
24
Location
Central PA
A color you dont usually see... HOT PINK!

Green would be cool... might look kinda Christmas-esque with the red motor...
 

karl

Well-known member
Messages
2,449
Reaction score
718
Location
North east Ohio
I got the front forks mounted. Took it for a test drive :auto::roflol:
 

Attachments

  • forksfinish 001.jpg
    forksfinish 001.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 18
  • forksfinish 002.jpg
    forksfinish 002.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 26

karl

Well-known member
Messages
2,449
Reaction score
718
Location
North east Ohio
I got the motor mounted, 3hp briggs. You can see my crappy welds. Next step is mounting the tires. Its slowly coming together :D
 

Attachments

  • engine-plate 001.jpg
    engine-plate 001.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 14
  • engine-plate 002.jpg
    engine-plate 002.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 13

karl

Well-known member
Messages
2,449
Reaction score
718
Location
North east Ohio
I have 2 pillow block that will be bolted to tabs. I have a 3/4 axle. The tire has a keyway in it so then I will mount a brake and sprocket to the axle.
 

karl

Well-known member
Messages
2,449
Reaction score
718
Location
North east Ohio
I can't get anymore done for now. I took out the duct tape and taped the axles on for a look on how its going to be. My shopping list,

35 roller chain
40 tooth sprocket
3/4 flange bearing *4
10 tooth sprocket
band brake drum
some other small assorted junk

Right now I have 37 cents :mad2:
 

Attachments

  • finalmockup 001.jpg
    finalmockup 001.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 14
  • finalmockup 002.jpg
    finalmockup 002.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 8
  • finalmockup 003.jpg
    finalmockup 003.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 19

robbie

New member
Messages
857
Reaction score
8
Location
Osceola, Missouri
It's plain and simple. I like it.

I have a bunch of ATV wheels and tires. I'm planning to build a few fat tire bikes with my kids. I like spring suspension, but I'm thinking that the tires are squishy enough to provide a soft ride.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top