• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Expensive hobbies

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetlag

Reaction score
Check out my intro here to see one of my hobbies...

http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3729

I've staying away from that for awhile cause that is REALLY expensive.

So I've been ordering a few parts and getting some metal to build a go cart.

I was thinking I could do it cheap, but it adds up quick! That could be because all of the parts I am getting are brand new..but oh well.

This go-kart better be fun!:roflol: :roflol:

elbasquo

Reaction score
Anything fun costs money. For me the whole process of building a kart would be fun. The riding and racing of the kart would be the "Icing on the cake".:thumbsup:

BradenM

Etre Et Durer.
Reaction score
LOL.

Try Target shooting. $3000 gets you an entry level rig, and 70c a shot from there in if you load your own. Then you need all the reloading equipment, say $500. Then another $1000 or so for a basic scope.
Karting? Much cheaper.

Kenny_McCormic

Kartless....
Reaction score
LOL.

Try Target shooting. $3000 gets you an entry level rig, and 70c a shot from there in if you load your own. Then you need all the reloading equipment, say $500. Then another $1000 or so for a basic scope.
Karting? Much cheaper.

Cut that in half in the US.

Kenny_McCormic

Kartless....
Reaction score
Not yet, we have kinda been getting more restricted gun wise since the 30s. We can even have full auto in some states if you really get your wallet out(MGs for civilian consumption haven't been made since 1986 and since 1934 they have been taxed like crazy).

Scorch3

Reaction score
Not to mention the fact that semi auto version of military grade rifles are readily available, as are full auto conversions kits if you don't mind breaking the law. The criminals around here import a lot of stuff from the states, and yet the government wants to make super strict gun buying laws here to combat it, go figure.

Kenny_McCormic

Kartless....
Reaction score
Not to mention the fact that semi auto version of military grade rifles are readily available, as are full auto conversions kits if you don't mind breaking the law. The criminals around here import a lot of stuff from the states, and yet the government wants to make super strict gun buying laws here to combat it, go figure.

Definition of criminal is one who breaks the law.

SpyGuy

Hooligan
Reaction score
"When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns."

"The West was won with an unregistered gun."

"Gun control means using both hands."

"First step in home protection: clean your gun."

"Why dial 9-1-1 when 9mm is so much faster?"

--------------------------------------------------
So, this guy and his wife are getting ready for bed, and the wife says, "Honey, you forgot to turn the light out in the garage again."

"No, I turned it out when I came in," he replied.

"I don't think you did, because it's on now," she says.

Sure enough, when the man looks outside, the garage light is on. He also sees shadowy figures running back and forth from the garage to the hedge. "We're being robbed!" the man says.

He picks up the phone and calls the police. "Hello, police? Listen, my place is being robbed! Someone broke into my garage, and is out there right now stealing stuff. If you send someone out right away, you can catch them in the act."

The dispatcher says, "Sir, we have no units available at the time. The safest thing to do would be to lock yourself indoors and remain out of sight, and we'll send a unit in the morning to take the report."

"But my garage is being robbed right NOW!" the flustered man says. "Send a unit out, and you can catch them all red-handed!"

"Sir, I'm sorry, but we have no units available at this time. The safest thing to do would be to lock your doors and stay inside."

"All right," the man sighs, and hangs up. He waits a couple of minutes, then calls the police again.

"Hi, this is the guy who called a couple of minutes ago about the guys breaking into my garage. Listen, don't worry about sending out a patrol car tonight. I went out there with my shotgun, and blew them all away. You guys can pick up the bodies in the morning - they're not going anywhere. Thanks, and good night." Click.

About two minutes later, eighteen units converge on the guy's house, lights and sirens blasting. A SWAT van screeches up and begins unloading, and a helicoptor joins in, circling the area with its spotlight. Of course, the police catch the bandits red-handed, and arrest them all.

As the bandits are being led off in cuffs, one of the officers glares at the homeowner and says, "I thought you said you shot and killed them all."

The man looks back and calmly replies, "And when I called, I thought your dispatcher said there were no units available."
------------------------------------------------------------
Back to the topic at hand......... Expensive hobbies? Aren't they all ......?

Kenny_McCormic

Kartless....
Reaction score
"I have a gun" gets the cops there a lot faster. Dead people=paperwork and cops(like most people) hate paperwork.

Back to expensive hobbies

Paintball, about $50 to go out for a day in a friends ghetto rigged field.

lemegacool

got boost? :)
Reaction score
expensive hobby... airsoft... IN CANADA! we pay the guns at least 2-3x the us price! and i have a display full of guns!

my expensives hobby so far:

- go kart making (it's expensive cause i dont do thing cheaply)

- airsoft... well if i sell all my airsoft stuff i have engough money to buy another car!

- DJing... got over 2 grand spent in dj stuff

- fishing(fly)! yeah fishing can be expensive when you are "hooked" hahaha!

Status
Not open for further replies.