Silentwitness33
New member
- Messages
- 2
- Reaction score
- 0
Hey folks,
Hoping someone can offer some insight. I purchased this unfinished go kart and ran into an issue with the reverse gearbox. I'm new to this world so please forgive my terminology.
The external reverse gearbox has a double sprocket (16T) paired with a double sprocket on the axel. I've read that double sprocket reverse gearboxes aren't that uncommon when paired with the GY6 engine and a long output shaft. However, on my setup there is barely enough thread to keep the gearbox on. In fact, the first time I fired up the engine, the nut spun off almost immediately. The only think I can think of is removing the double sprocket and replacing it with a single sprocket to gain myself 3/4 of an inch or so. But I haven't found a supplier who offers a replacement for this gearbox. The second alternative is to buy a new reverse gearbox with a single sprocket but I'm hoping to avoid that.
I've attached some pictures to show my setup. It's a Hammerhead style go kart with a GY6 engine with long output shaft installed. I would appreciate some ideas.
Hoping someone can offer some insight. I purchased this unfinished go kart and ran into an issue with the reverse gearbox. I'm new to this world so please forgive my terminology.
The external reverse gearbox has a double sprocket (16T) paired with a double sprocket on the axel. I've read that double sprocket reverse gearboxes aren't that uncommon when paired with the GY6 engine and a long output shaft. However, on my setup there is barely enough thread to keep the gearbox on. In fact, the first time I fired up the engine, the nut spun off almost immediately. The only think I can think of is removing the double sprocket and replacing it with a single sprocket to gain myself 3/4 of an inch or so. But I haven't found a supplier who offers a replacement for this gearbox. The second alternative is to buy a new reverse gearbox with a single sprocket but I'm hoping to avoid that.
I've attached some pictures to show my setup. It's a Hammerhead style go kart with a GY6 engine with long output shaft installed. I would appreciate some ideas.