• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

DIYGK Grammar Champions

Master Hack

Reaction score
The Grammar in some of the posts here has been appalling. While entertaining as it may be, it is scary that the education system in this country churns out students that cannot write a comprehensive sentence. I have been collecting the best of the worst for my upcoming book,"Edukshaion in Merika". While none of us is perfect, and we all make occasional mistakes, the following examples are over the top.
This is far from a complete list, only a few examples.
Names have been withheld to protect the guilty.
Please vote for your favorite.

Contestant #1

I bought this recently and it started up and died so I cleaned out the carb and you know the usual stuff when I try to start is up it was hard then that next morning I try to start it and I didn’t start when I checked the spark plug there was nothing I bought a new ignition coil and still didn’t work

Contestant #2

I'm building a shopping cart go kart and want to 3d print some logos and license plate what should they look like

Contestant#3

I don't know what is wrong with my mini Baja 200 but when you start it it is up and go its like it just left wide open anybody have any tips or things to check

Contestant# 4

Hello everyone I'm new here and I need some help mabey this is the right place so I recently got me a dongfang go kart and I need help on how to hook up the speedometer and carburetor vent hoses back into the right order when I got the cart it's was all just unhook I finally got it to where it will run but won't idel

Contestant #5

I got a Craftsman lawn tractor from my father and I have a couple engines just sitting around and I need to know if there is some way I can connect a Rotax 580cc with a drive line then connect the drive line to a clutch and connect the clutch to the rear differential from a golf cart it would make things so much easier if I didn't have to run chains or belts all over the place to get the thing to go

Contestant#6

Trying replace motor and idk what to buy, it has eletric start, don’t know if they consider that motor counter clockwise or what, any help on what I can replace that with appreciate it, I believe it’s like a 49cc I wanna just swap it out don’t wanna really fab anything.

Contestant #7

150cc gy6 did a rebuild with new carb it started and ran great then after a few short hrs it is hard to start idol ruff tries to die and open throttle going down hill it b ogs down like its out of gas. i have replaced carb.twice .replaced intake manifold added a gasket and coated in permatex. and spark plugs. and a added a vacum fuel pump .nothing has helped

Contestant #8

Ok back to my yz400d shifter kart build the next thing on my check list is exhaust an since I am already sinking way more money into breathing new life into this old trick kart than I ever expected to I really cant see spending 500$ on expansion chamber alone since it won't work on the cart anyways in 77 the yz 2 stoke bikes all had left side exhaust an i need right side exhaust an i am kind new to the 2 stroke world can anybody point me to a cheeper option were i can maybe find a used right side pipe from something else newer that will alow my old beast to run the way it should

Contestant #9

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could make me a two-seater adult off-road go-kart blueprint so I have directions to follow i don't have the nolage to make a blueprint only have the nolage to weld and drive a go-kart.

Contestant #10

am looking at buying a Honda 200s three-wheeler could you tell me the pros and cons of it I am also buying it for $550 in perfect condition is it a good deal where can I buy parts

Contestant#11

Want to make a delivery vehicle that can go about 50 to 80 miles and about 35 to 45 mph with an enclosed cab I have something that I have been looking at would love to know if it was viable because it would be really nice to have it go kart Style would like a 15-in ride height and one side with the heating element in one side with like either a refrigerator element or a cooler

Contestant#12

What in the world I have this pit bike the wiring all chopped up but it works and when it’s start and I hit the gas the chain sparkes which sounds really weird and is I need help

Contestant#13

i have a yerf dog rover 400cc that will not start cranks but it has no spark have replaced the stator and crank sensor ignition switch and cdi box and coil still no spark im getting the ground trigger from cdi box but no power to the coil with ignition on cannot find a wiring diagram that matches up to this unit all the parts were bought from amazon Japanese parts supplier.

Contestant#14

Hi I am pretty new and own a 2000 ish manco dingo (i love it) i was just wondering if a go kart would be legal on the shoulder lane in Arizona i have seen other people do it and i was just wondering by the way i am making this into a drag rail like the cars and cameras on (go subscribe to them by the way they are great you tubers and what got me into gokarts) i will post info of the drag rail in this tread it has a predator 212 hemi (like a top fuel dragster) and i am buying a nos kit by 6 sigma (like you see on the filterer)

Contestant#15

I got that knock of mikuni on Amazon for go cart an have let the engine warm an tuned mixture screw on the bottom quarter turn at a time an tested an every time I try to floor it it kills it or it hesitates an then takes off can’t seem to find a sweet spot, tryed adjusting needle slide up an down as well

Contestant#16

Hey hoping y'all can help me out here I'm having issues trying to find something to put the power to the ground on my go-kart I've got a 22 horsepower Predator motor the 670cc one and can't really find too many options as far as driving the tires goes I found a $600 one on Go Power Sports but don't really have the money to spend like that there any other options I can do I've been looking at maybe a 40 series torque converter with a possible stronger belt I don't know really any options are greatly appreciated thank you

Contestant#17

Hey guys I finished my old trick shifter kart finally got all the sprockets an stuff milled to fit got er sand blasted an panted plum crazy purple were just waiting on a fuel cell to come in so I can start tuning the jets in the new nibbi racing carb

Contestant#18

n building a mini bike frame out of a mini quad frame anyone knows what the does and don'ts are I would like to know what you know about it I have many thoughts on the front end design so I don't have to cut up the 3yr Long Hunt for a useable frame at a low budget I am going to get it done with all the second hand parts I can use until the clutch brakes and so on the frame is solid my question is how to make a swing arm to a hard tail and the front forks strong and functional and not chop up the frame to be weak the frame is one of those Chinese quad frames it's going to be fun to build I'm more of the motor building kind of person that wants to expand my skills in the garage thanks for anything that can point me in the direction here

Contestant#19

Got a 48v2000w scooter motor decided to use an electric foot pedal throttle but it's supposed to have a handle throttle and a key lock 2 wires for the key lock and 3 wires for the throttle. The replacement foot pedal throttle has three wires but the red wires don't line up.I was going to go and order the original hand throttle to see if it works. Set it up on my go kart /dune buggy.
Any suggestions like to see it move.I jumped the key lock that didn't matter

Rat

Reaction score
We need to lose all warning labels related to the obvious... like don't drink the bleach, don't eat tide pods, don't stick you hands past the shroud of that running engine, hot exhaust, etc.

Let natural selection eat the incompetent, reduce the idiots population, and reinstate Common F★cking Sense!

panchothedog

Reaction score
# 5 was my favorite for plain stupidity. Denny, I'm not sure you know just how right you are, about all of them getting a trophy. Substitute getting passed to the next grade as the trophy. When I was in grade school ( yes they really did have electricity back then ), and I know Hack is very close to me in age, they flunked kids that couldn't pass the test. Not many, but it happened. There was a stigma attached to being considered so stupid that you had to repeat the same grade twice. It made the "wise guys" pay attention, and the actual less intelligent ones study harder. I don't know when practice stopped, but the results are downright scary. The people that are writing these posts, what are their kids going to be like? Who is going to help THEM with their homework? #1 - #19. It's more than just spelling and grammar. We are in serious trouble.
Hack, you better get to writing that book. I mean riten dat buk.

Rat

Reaction score
# 5 was my favorite for plain stupidity. Denny, I'm not sure you know just how right you are, about all of them getting a trophy. Substitute getting passed to the next grade as the trophy. When I was in grade school ( yes they really did have electricity back then ), and I know Hack is very close to me in age, they flunked kids that couldn't pass the test. Not many, but it happened. There was a stigma attached to being considered so stupid that you had to repeat the same grade twice. It made the "wise guys" pay attention, and the actual less intelligent ones study harder.
I went to middle school with a couple of would be "super seniors". One had managed to flunk 5th twice meaning if he hadn't dropped out as soon as he was legally eligible he would have graduated at 20 years old
I don't know when practice stopped, but the results are downright scary.
" No chold left behind" is when, so I wanna say right around 2002? (Im class of Y2k). Common core makes about as much sense as Reganomoics, like the theory makes sense, and it looks good on paper that all schools teach the same lesson plans so that when one ends up relocating they're not way ahead or way behind.
Tragically the execution was exactly that... death to actual education.

I know I fat finger my phone and typo often but
1. I usually catch and correct it fairly quickly.

2. It's not just fat fingering, I've got man hands made for cranking wrenches, swinging axes, and the like... not exactly ideal for hitting ¼" wide touchscreen keyboards with any accuracy... but I can fondle nuts in a tight place blind with the best of 'em

3. You'll never see me use your when I mean you're, breaks when I meant brakes or vice-versa (see this one way too much).

My 5th grade english teacher nearly killed the entire class when when she said..." "Go help your uncle Jack off the horse" is a lot less wrong with proper punctuation"

Last edited:

Master Hack

Reaction score
Its the dumbing down of 'Merica. Indoctrinate kids, work is bad, you don't have to work, uncle Sam will take care of ya.
Just vote for the party of freebies. That coupled with apathetic parents, and ya have the mess we have now.
The party of freebies has a plan and its working well. just look around.

Functional Artist

Reaction score
Its the dumbing down of 'Merica. Indoctrinate kids, work is bad, you don't have to work, uncle Sam will take care of ya.
Just vote for the party of freebies. That coupled with apathetic parents, and ya have the mess we have now.
The party of freebies has a plan and its working well. just look around.
So, what happens when Uncle Sam's $$ runs out? :unsure:

When everyone wants (expects) the freebies
...& there's no one left working (actually paying taxes) :mad2:

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
I wish things were free like they were in the 50’s.
Free houses for everybody.

“The median home price in the United States in 1950 was $7,354, a stark contrast to the median price of $431,000 in 2023 (Source: U.S. Census)”

“In 1950, the median family income in the United States was $3,300”

“As of April 25, 2024, the median household income in the United States is $77,345 across all 345 cities”

1950… house price = 2.23 x median income
Now… house price = 5.60 x annual income

inflation due to the greed of those who benefited from war and destruction of the worlds economy. WW2… Gold Standard… Inflation… = Boomers Investments stay safe and grow at the expense of their grandchildren’s proserirty.

For the first time ever…. 30 year olds are worse off than their parents.

Social Security. lol … subsidize golf outings for geezers in FL paid for by the poorest demographic. What a joke.

income from sweat… tax the heck out of it.
Income from capital? Tax breaks!!! What a joke!

Real estate investors are the most evil.

Last edited:

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
And pension plans… free houses and free retirement. Too bad younger generations can’t afford to have kids, so the geezers can’t be outvoted. Smart greedy power hungry geezers afforded with every possible advantage.
What a joke!

we used to have manufacturing jobs in the US, but expensive labor means investments don’t grow. No more good paying jobs because the stock price of Apple needs to grow.

Uneducated or indifferent… Who really had it easier?IMG_6340.jpeg

Last edited:

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
I remember 3 guys failing 5th grade, (1975). They didn’t care. 2 were dead before age 21 and the other one is just a waste. But they thought they were the cool ones. 4 guys in my grammar school class were dead before age 20, all overdoses at the same time.

panchothedog

Reaction score
Surely you remember the invention of the language called Ebonics. I have no clue if that is the correct way to spell the word. I think it was introduced by someone on the school board in Oakland California in the late 90's. I remember Rush
Limbaugh used talk about it when they were trying push it onto people. Just the idea of it was a huge step downward. Seems like the Teachers union and many school boards have played a big part in this downward spiral. When I say teachers union, I mean the organization. Not necessarily the person in the classroom. Many of them have little say in what is taught and still strive hard to do the job they thought they were hired to do. But obviously it isn't working.