DIY Fishin' Rod Case AND SPOON!

Status
Not open for further replies.

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
Speaking of "silver spoons"... What's a DIY forum without an experiment or two! I was sorting out my tackle and got to the spoons. Then, I had a stupid :idea2: Ran into the kitchen, ran out again before the wife could catch me! So- let's see if I can catch something on a real spoon!

Better keep that thing hidden! Is a fish lure not cheaper than an actual spoon?

My kids would rat me out big time. I hope yours aren't the same way.:roflol:

His oldest son is a member on here too! He's gonna have to be real careful! :surrender:

Not if they know what's good for 'em! ;)

:devil2:

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
Speaking of "silver spoons"... What's a DIY forum without an experiment or two! I was sorting out my tackle and got to the spoons. Then, I had a stupid :idea2: Ran into the kitchen, ran out again before the wife could catch me! So- let's see if I can catch something on a real spoon!

It works, my brother actually did the same thing you did... I dont know that he ever used it, but I did... wasnt a real big fish, but it worked!

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Wow- What an incredible journey. Drove 700+km (nearly 500 miles) north, shoved all my crap in a 1953 Cessna 180 with pontoons, and flew off into the bush. Yes, I caught about 12 Northern Pike of various sizes on that silly teaspoon. But here's the big story...

Attachments

• rivermonster.JPG
    rivermonster.JPG
    215.2 KB · Views: 22

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Thanks! Biggest dang fish I've ever caught! Oh, yeah- the original purpose of this thread... The rod tube did its job very well, suffering only a few paint dings.

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Man, that was funny. I went into the office this morning to get a new assignment (I am a tradesman working for a contracting company that does insurance work). I wandered in to my estimator's office to get my work order. Simon says to me, "Hey Chris, How was the trip? Nice fish!" Caught me off guard, I hadn't shown him. I looked at his computer screen, and there's my big grinning face with my big grinning fish. OK. My dad (works for the same company) must have sent him some pics after we got back...

So. I got my marching orders, and decided to pop in on Clarke, the General Manager. "Hi Clarke!" "Hey Chris- Nice fish!" Sure enough, there on his computer screen... You guessed it.

Dang, news travels fast in this company. I got back home Saturday night, and lo and behold, first thing Monday morning... :D

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
Nice fish! You know man, like nice friggen fish!
Crap man!
:arf:

I wish we could have pulled a few like that out during our trips.
When my uncle, mom and kin was younger thats what they was catching... I know theres some biguns where we was, but getting them th problem.

Yeeshh...
Nice fish...

Think of the meat that sucker has... then again, after theys so old dont they loose taste?

Status
Not open for further replies.