Disc Brake caliper... Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK, I ordered this from Northern during the fall so I'd be ready for a build... And, for the life of me, I can't figure out the right way to use it. What the heck? Does anyone have ANY ideas on this thing?

Attachments

• IMG_7637.jpg
    IMG_7637.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_7638.jpg
    IMG_7638.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_7639.jpg
    IMG_7639.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7640.jpg
    IMG_7640.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7641.jpg
    IMG_7641.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 28

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
It looks to me as if you have to weld it or find some way of holding the main part with the pads, then the one with the holes looks like a lever that moves up or down or something. :confused:

jr dragster T

Reaction score
Yeah that's the weld on style. Theres also another braking system called airheart brakes which I have on my kart. The caliper "floats" on a bracket so if the disk shifts the caliper goes with it which I think is a good thing.

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm kinda pissed -- if I can get it to work I'll be happy, but for 40 bucks i want at least some instructions! I'll keep everyone updated with pics. Did you get your's working yet?

ironman

I'm Back!
Reaction score
boy im glad i waited was just about to buy mine will wait if its that much of a problem think i will go with a different setup

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know that it will actually be bad, it's just annoying. I guess it's kinda cool that you just weld it on, but I dunno.

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
I don't know that it will actually be bad, it's just annoying. I guess it's kinda cool that you just weld it on, but I dunno.

What if you welded some mounts to the side of it so that you could remove it if you have to?

jr dragster T

Reaction score
Yeah sure i'll get a pic

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Hey, Jr, if you make the key a little over a 1/4 inch longer on each side and you weld a bead to the top of each end, you can make the key hold itself in so that you don't have to use collars. Save a bit of weight from being added on.

Status
Not open for further replies.