Did I just buy junk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Dude, I don't think that's bad at all for 1K! I couldn't get anything like that around here without having to give up 2-3k!

peppy

Reaction score
Hey guys. Got a question: The initial charge for the battery; it says to charge at 1.5Amps. All I have is a 2Amp charger. Will that work? (I dont think there should be a problem in my opinion though)

Kenny_McCormic

Kartless....
Reaction score
Putting too big of a charger on a little battery can be disasterous, try charging a honda spree scooter battery(about the size of 2 12oz beverage cans next to eachother) with a 120amp jump/charge box on max voltage(15volts or so)!

BOOM, acid everywhere and not the good kind!

peppy

Reaction score
Well Gentlemen! I kinda cheated and only let the battery charge for an hour because I couldnt take it anymore! I hooked it up and got in the drivers seat and reached foward to turn the ignition button on and turned the key. The starter started to crank the motor........nothing. I tried it again.....nothing. Another....nothing. So I got out and looked at it for a moment hoping that it wasnt a carb adj. problem. Then I thought about the fuel cutoff. I went around and looked at it and thought instead if having the lever point down, turn it in the other direction!? I got back in the seat, took out my camera phone, set it to capture video and hit record. I reached foward, turned on the switch, turned the key, engine cranked......nothing. tried it again and glug gulg glug glug glug glug:drool5: :sifone: So now I have a 50 sec clip of my baby:p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKVx6Chsq9s

modelengineer

Lord of the noise
Reaction score
So it has a button for ignition, and a key for the starter... I'm doing the complete opposite on my kart. lol.

Did I just buy junk?

What do you think? If you enjoy it, and think it was worth the money, then of course it isn't junk!

Congrats on your new toy! It looks like heaps of fun.

peppy

Reaction score
^^^^^^
Guess I should of said Kill switch:p

When I posted it asking if I just bought junk, I didnt know much about the company and the engines and the rest of the mechanical parts. It looked ok (minus the fact there are no zerk fitting on any of the ball joints). It was an impulse buy and I didnt have time to research about it and I wrote that first post from my phone. I feel better that I dont hear any complaints.

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Give it to me then, I will dispose of it properly.

LOL that's what I tell my friends everytime they buy some piece of computer hardware that's better than what I have. "It sucks, let me have it and I'll get rid of it for you."

peppy

Reaction score
I'll chop it up in lil pieces so it will be easier for you to haul it away then. Last thing I need is you throwing your back out in front of my drive way.

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
You know that comment I made earlier that said "cool!"? It was a typo, it was supposed to say: "Ugh, that's so crappy! Part it out and I'll pay for shipping so that you can send it to me for proper disposal." The things a few wrong keystrokes make you say...

Status
Not open for further replies.