Well I got the first piece to my first build, that being the engine. I somehow managed to pick up a Briggs and Stratton 8hp for only $60.(Model:190402 Type:2815-01 Code:85100710)
I got the thing home and had some time to check it out over the weekend, gutted it and found nothing devastating. I will need to replace the crankcase gasket and the throttle spring, but the thing that has really thrown me for a loop is its lack of fuel lines. Obviously these are easily replaced but I cannot seem to find anything on the internet that clearly lays out how its fuel system works, I know my trimmer keeps its fuel filter inside of the fuel tank but some engines will just put it inline along with the fuel lines. Also the trimmer will use a primer but my lawnmower does not, and I cant find a definitive answer on whether mine B&S 8hp is supposed to have one or not... As this is my first real experience with engines of this kind I have no educated guesses.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
I got the thing home and had some time to check it out over the weekend, gutted it and found nothing devastating. I will need to replace the crankcase gasket and the throttle spring, but the thing that has really thrown me for a loop is its lack of fuel lines. Obviously these are easily replaced but I cannot seem to find anything on the internet that clearly lays out how its fuel system works, I know my trimmer keeps its fuel filter inside of the fuel tank but some engines will just put it inline along with the fuel lines. Also the trimmer will use a primer but my lawnmower does not, and I cant find a definitive answer on whether mine B&S 8hp is supposed to have one or not... As this is my first real experience with engines of this kind I have no educated guesses.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
On second thought I'll just put in the order online tonight, maybe I can get them in before the weekend.
