• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Crazy Weather!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaM551

Reaction score
just sayin
I'm really struggling here

the highest we got on the beach was 61*c (141F) in the sun

What did you use to measure that ? Seems ridiculous, did you do it over the sand ? Cause that would increase the temp a lot near to the ground, also the highest recorded temp in aus is 50.7 c

fowler

Reaction score
the one at the beach was just on a chair sitting in the sun using a cheap themometer

it was not the acctual temperature but it was very hot

the one by the pub was recorded by the gear bureao meterology set up
they have to read it each day and send though the data
that one was taken in the shade like it should be

if u just google australias highest temp then u wont find it
it was recorded by a tiny station in the middle of nowhere
maximum 50 people would have gone though that area

OzFab

Reaction score
Just for the record, temps are measured in the shade (not directed at you fowler)

Also just for the record, Christmas day in Sydney was the wettest Christmas day in 70 years

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
We got about 8-12in around here. A Shame it aint good packing snow...

Cant get out our driveway...
:roflol:

Rustydog2010

NZ Nutta :|
Reaction score
So, yesterday while it was 40+*C in Tasmania, across the Tasman on the north island of New Zealand it was snowing :huh:

Where abouts? Ruapehu? Pretty uncommon to to see any snow in the NI any time of year. Ruapehu and Egmont see a bit of snow. Although being over 2500m up does help. :lolgoku:

matman55

I dont have a camera!!
Reaction score
I think it "snowed" in titusville(my town) about 12 years ago.

I don't have a "good" camera!

OzFab

Reaction score
Where abouts? Ruapehu? Pretty uncommon to to see any snow in the NI any time of year. Ruapehu and Egmont see a bit of snow. Although being over 2500m up does help. :lolgoku:

Not sure exactly, my brother was there but I haven't spoken to him yet

I think it "snowed" in titusville(my town) about 12 years ago.

Yeah but, it's the middle of summer

jman231994

Reaction score
Dragging me out of the woodwork Fabroman haha. Haven't had power since lunch time yesterday and no word on when it's gonna be back....slowly trying to eat all the stuff in the fridge haha

Was trying to do some stuff in the garage by candlelight last night haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OzFab

Reaction score
We've been lucky on that front, 2 four hour blackouts a little over 24 hours apart but, I do feel for those who've been without power for more than 48 hours...

jman231994

Reaction score
Yea that's not too bad, it'll drive me crazy if it goes on much longer than this. A friend of mine less than 5 mins down the road never even lost power, so hopefully it's nothing major stopping ours from coming back on.

On the plus side the uni's shut so I've got a day off and there's no large boats on our beaches haha

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Talk about crazy. The weather her in San Diego is calling for rain! Can you believe it Rain! in April! in San Diego!
Just kiddin hope all is safe in Australia.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
We've been lucky on that front, 2 four hour blackouts a little over 24 hours apart but, I do feel for those who've been without power for more than 48 hours...

Yea that's not too bad, it'll drive me crazy if it goes on much longer than this. A friend of mine less than 5 mins down the road never even lost power, so hopefully it's nothing major stopping ours from coming back on.

On the plus side the uni's shut so I've got a day off and there's no large boats on our beaches haha

You guys are lucky. Google "Load Shedding South Africa". We have had this for ages, and it is supposed to go on for another 2 years.

We get our power cut for 2 hours each day, sometimes twice a day depending on how much power needs to be conserved. The worst is when it is at night. I have a 950W generator though, so i can power a couple of lights, my TV and satelite decoder :D. Crazy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.