crashed my kart last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scout

Nutjob
Reaction score
And I am sore from head to toe today.

Last night I stopped by a friends house, who live about three blocks away. He has 3 BKS Grasshoppers, and when I showed up he had 2 more on the workbench. We talked about the new karts for a bit, then decided to do some hot laps around the neighborhood. As we come down the front straightaway, I passed one kart on the right, and up ahead I see the sign to turn left. the guy right in front of me is slowing down, and I think he's going to turn right, so I move left to pass. I clipped his left rear tire with my right front and went flying. All I remember was being airborne and wondering where the kart was, then tumbling across someone's yard. My glasses and my shoes all came off. After I caught my breath and figured out I wasn't broken, I got to my feet. Everyone else had stopped and was helping me up, picking up the kart and parts, and the night was over. Damage to the kart is the front axle, rear axle, and tie rod are all bent, plus the front turn signal is broken off. Me, I have road rash on the inside of my right arm, both knees, and all down my left side is sore. I went to the hospital today, had a ct scan and X-rays, all came back good. So I'm putting the kart up for the rest of the year.

The worst part is I was going to do some drag races today.

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that...

but as safety rules state "never assume anything!"
seems to be true for some karting around the neighborhood too ;)

Hope you'll have your kart fixed soon to try again ;)
oh and stay safe!!

get well

'sid

Half-breeder

"Edit" button removed
Reaction score
Last night I stopped by a friends house, who live about three blocks away.

That's how the 'good' stories start off... :lolgoku:

He has 3 BKS Grasshoppers, and when I showed up he had 2 more on the workbench.

What... no pics?

... I have road rash on the inside of my right arm, both knees, and all down my left side is sore.

Sounds like a reply to this post. :lolgoku: Pics of karts damage admired aswell :thumbsup:.

So I'm putting the kart up for the rest of the year.

Did ya scare yourself to where youve lost interest? I know LOTS that do... so not busting your manhood.

3 Ibuprofen, a 5hr energy, and a change of band-aids and I woulda been dragging!!!:wai: Why didnt you go?... dragging=no turning...:lolgoku::lolgoku:

Hope ya get to feeling better.

OzFab

Reaction score
The main thing is you're ok! Scrapes & scratches heal in a week, bones take a bit longer &, as for the kart, it's "just a machine", nothing on it is "unfixable"...

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
How gullible are you guys? ?????? Sure....he says he's done for the year. ....and you would too....with all that road rash.....

But since I already drank the warm flat beer I won in another post.....I'll bet another that Scout is back on a kart and racing WAY before October! !!!!!

fourtogo

Reaction score
And I am sore from head to toe today.

Last night I stopped by a friends house, who live about three blocks away. He has 3 BKS Grasshoppers, and when I showed up he had 2 more on the workbench. We talked about the new karts for a bit, then decided to do some hot laps around the neighborhood. As we come down the front straightaway, I passed one kart on the right, and up ahead I see the sign to turn left. the guy right in front of me is slowing down, and I think he's going to turn right, so I move left to pass. I clipped his left rear tire with my right front and went flying. All I remember was being airborne and wondering where the kart was, then tumbling across someone's yard. My glasses and my shoes all came off. After I caught my breath and figured out I wasn't broken, I got to my feet. Everyone else had stopped and was helping me up, picking up the kart and parts, and the night was over. Damage to the kart is the front axle, rear axle, and tie rod are all bent, plus the front turn signal is broken off. Me, I have road rash on the inside of my right arm, both knees, and all down my left side is sore. I went to the hospital today, had a ct scan and X-rays, all came back good. So I'm putting the kart up for the rest of the year.

As my Mom the 30yr Nurse would say, it's way easier to heal up when you aren't sticking to the bed sheets.

Scout

Nutjob
Reaction score
I'm not scared off of karts. About 20 years ago I flipped one and broke my right pinky, had to have surgery and pins put in. The kart is done for they year because of too many other projects that come first. The garden tractor needs an engine rebuild, the Fiero needs a new clutch, I've got motorcycles that I started to fix and never finished, hot tub doesn't heat, etc. Besides, if I fix the kart over the winter I'll strip it down to the frame and repaint it, maybe powder coat.

know I could get the front wheel to point straight so I could drag race, but the rear axle is bent enough that the chain won't stay on and the tore rubs the chain guard. I'll try to get some pics up today.

Axx3d

Reaction score
Wow you did a number on the kart..

Glad you arent seriously hurt man.. Pride and road rash will heal..

Scout

Nutjob
Reaction score
Good news, my new tires showed up today. I should order the cam and head I've been eyeballing the last few weeks. (and an axle, and wheel bearings, and…)

davidbooth1991

Reaction score
No it's not :lolgoku:

That axles about as strate as a bannana lol. Dude glad your ok. And as a others have said a bent axle / cracked weld/ blown tire takes hours , broken bones take weeks. How thick is your axle might be easier to get a new one if all your stuff is just bolt on and not meshing on splines....

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
That axles about as strate as a bannana lol. Dude glad your ok. And as a others have said a bent axle / cracked weld/ blown tire takes hours , broken bones take weeks. How thick is your axle might be easier to get a new one if all your stuff is just bolt on and not meshing on splines....

I get the feeling you guys are looking at the front axle while Scout is talking about the rear......

Status
Not open for further replies.