• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Count Down To Retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desertduler

Reaction score
So I have came up with a few things that I will do to keep me from the boredom of being retired in my shop I will build a hydrostatic drive Power Wheels buggy for my grand daughter either four or two stroke powered, I will build a shifter kart using one of my spare race bike engines, I will finish all of the engines that I have designed and built from scratch, I will build a remote controlled two stroke powered "boogie board" A.K.A "knee board" using a small two stroke engine as a power plant just for the heck of it, I will dust the cobwebs off of my 175 lb Dobsonian telescope and take it out to dark sky locations and stay up all night long and observe deep space objects, I will also break out all my R/C Planes and R/C Helicopter and see if I can still fly them, I will play my guitars and learn to play more songs that I like, I will hike my arse off across the open country as I desire, I will camp,fish and hunt as I desire, I will rock hound as I desire, I will ride my dirt bikes on all my favorite places and places that I have yet to ride, I will travel to locations and visit the places that interest me, I will explore many places that I have yet to explore and I will enjoy every minute that I have left in my life which there is no guarantee that none of us have, these are just a few of the things that I wish to do.

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
So I have came up with a few things that I will do to keep me from the boredom of being retired in my shop I will build a hydrostatic drive Power Wheels buggy for my grand daughter either four or two stroke powered, I will build a shifter kart using one of my spare race bike engines, I will finish all of the engines that I have designed and built from scratch, I will build a remote controlled two stroke powered "boogie board" A.K.A "knee board" using a small two stroke engine as a power plant just for the heck of it, I will dust the cobwebs off of my 175 lb Dobsonian telescope and take it out to dark sky locations and stay up all night long and observe deep space objects, I will also break out all my R/C Planes and R/C Helicopter and see if I can still fly them, I will play my guitars and learn to play more songs that I like, I will hike my arse off across the open country as I desire, I will camp,fish and hunt as I desire, I will rock hound as I desire, I will ride my dirt bikes on all my favorite places and places that I have yet to ride, I will travel to locations and visit the places that interest me, I will explore many places that I have yet to explore and I will enjoy every minute that I have left in my life which there is no guarantee that none of us have, these are just a few of the things that I wish to do.

TRANSLATION: I'm already so danged bored my mind is going! I've lost all touch with reality and living vicariously through 200 cable channels....

The places I've yet to explore are a dishwasher and dryer......and a really clean bathtub.

I'll actually walk all the way to the mailbox for a change without a break. I will finally master the air guitar!

Desertduler

Reaction score
TRANSLATION: I'm already so danged bored my mind is going! I've lost all touch with reality and living vicariously through 200 cable channels....

The places I've yet to explore are a dishwasher and dryer......and a really clean bathtub.

I'll actually walk all the way to the mailbox for a change without a break. I will finally master the air guitar!
Lol, :funnypost: I know you can play real guitar, you are not a poser!

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
With all the stuff you want to do just don't accidently kill yourself, that would suck. :lolgoku: Congratulations for making it this far! :cheers2:

Denny

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
I wish I could hit the lotto... then we could ALL do this stuff...Now!

Oh yeah... you have to play to win!:roflol:

Desertduler

Reaction score
I wish I could hit the lotto... then we could ALL do this stuff...Now!

Oh yeah... you have to play to win!:roflol:
Hey, I know a guy that won 30,000 plus on a multi ticket that he and his coworkers put in on, I don't play as I would have to drive out of state to do so and then I just can't seem part with my hard earned money because I am not that lucky to win!
:lolgoku:

Desertduler

Reaction score
I turned in all my paperwork today to retire next month, my surgery was delayed one week due to my insurance having to review my upcoming surgery, I wish one of those F- heads had to rearrange all of their work and logistics after they found out that their surgery was going to delayed, it's all about the money, I have not even hardly used them for anything for 38 years but I have paid my dues to them every paycheck, they could care less about you, A-holes! like I don't need surgery! I wish they felt the pain that I have had to endure, those pencil pushing pansies would cry like a baby if they were in my shoes, sorry for the rant I am not looking for sympathy just letting it out.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
I turned in all my paperwork today to retire next month, my surgery was delayed one week due to my insurance having to review my upcoming surgery, I wish one of those F- heads had to rearrange all of their work and logistics after they found out that their surgery was going to delayed, it's all about the money, I have not even hardly used them for anything for 38 years but I have paid my dues to them every paycheck, they could care less about you, A-holes! like I don't need surgery! I wish they felt the pain that I have had to endure, those pencil pushing pansies would cry like a baby if they were in my shoes, sorry for the rant I am not looking for sympathy just letting it out.

I feel for you :thumbsup:

Desertduler

Reaction score
Well the insurance company finally decided that I indeed need surgery and gave permission to my doctor to proceed, I don't understand how they missed seeing my hernia it is only about the size of my fist, duh.

8t6bronco

Reaction score
Well the insurance company finally decided that I indeed need surgery and gave permission to my doctor to proceed, I don't understand how they missed seeing my hernia it is only about the size of my fist, duh.

They saw it all along, they were just hoping something would happen where they wouldn't have to pay for surgery. I had a young lady customer service rep from my health insurance tell me they decline everything the first time in hopes that you will just pay for whatever charges have been billed.:censored:

Desertduler

Reaction score
They saw it all along, they were just hoping something would happen where they wouldn't have to pay for surgery. I had a young lady customer service rep from my health insurance tell me they decline everything the first time in hopes that you will just pay for whatever charges have been billed.:censored:
They want their money every month and they get plenty of it from everyone, but when it is time for them to pay they balk about it, oh well at least they finally came to terms.

Kelly Wood

The Mad Kartist
Reaction score
Ok, I will send you a PM and tell you when and where to send it and I will show you the photos as I move along with the modifications, you will be happy with the results.

Of course you know... this engine simply must be tested properly... Meaning, I'll go over to Brets & steal it, put it on Sarge and drop a brick on the gas and film the whole thing!

Explosions in the Utah Desert are awesome!

Bret! On to retirement... let's go drive.

Attachments

• sp1.jpg
    sp1.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 1

Desertduler

Reaction score
Chancer, you can send me your engine anytime, when you are ready PM me and I will give you my address, if your engine has a fuel tank on it remove it before you send it to me and of course drain all of the oil out of it.

Desertduler

Reaction score
Of course you know... this engine simply must be tested properly... Meaning, I'll go over to Brets & steal it, put it on Sarge and drop a brick on the gas and film the whole thing!

Explosions in the Utah Desert are awesome!

Bret! On to retirement... let's go drive.
We will for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.