could i get help putting a price on this go kart, im having problems finding info

Status
Not open for further replies.

beansdaddy78

JR. Member
Messages
565
Reaction score
2
Location
Carbondale IL.
hey guys, im hoping that someone here can help me find out info about my go kart i just traded for. it says jj amusement on the front and is made out of thick steel. has honda gx160, and has a fiberglass body, i think it says scorpion on it somewhere. please help as much as possible, im looking for a pic to put up. i need to know how much i should ask for it also , it has a 5.5 honda gx160
 

Attachments

  • jj amusement go kart.jpg
    jj amusement go kart.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 32

beansdaddy78

JR. Member
Messages
565
Reaction score
2
Location
Carbondale IL.
The Engine starts first pull chassis and the body are all good, brakes work, but there is no clutch and the juicebag before me screwed up the shaft this.king he was a machinest. Am I able to change the shaft??? Or should I get another 5.5 and keep this one for parts, if so does anybody near southern iL. Have a gx160 for sale or trade
 

landuse

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
18,796
Reaction score
592
Location
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
The Engine starts first pull chassis and the body are all good, brakes work, but there is no clutch and the juicebag before me screwed up the shaft this.king he was a machinest. Am I able to change the shaft??? Or should I get another 5.5 and keep this one for parts, if so does anybody near southern iL. Have a gx160 for sale or trade

We will need a pic of the shaft to see how bad it is
 

beansdaddy78

JR. Member
Messages
565
Reaction score
2
Location
Carbondale IL.
im having problems getting the pic through, but its completely ruined i would say. the shaft has been tappered with what looks to be a tooth or something cause it aint even near smooth. the shaft is jacked
 

beansdaddy78

JR. Member
Messages
565
Reaction score
2
Location
Carbondale IL.
I kinda wanna sell it, wish I could find a buyer for $900, so i can get me and my daughter a go kart with the money she wants to drive alone so badly
 

bighead

New member
Messages
4,022
Reaction score
54
Location
Pacific Northwest USA
Thats a consession kart. Heavy bulky and not worth $800. To the right person looking for consession karts maybe $500

For $800 you can get a race kart.
 

beansdaddy78

JR. Member
Messages
565
Reaction score
2
Location
Carbondale IL.
funparksexpress.com has them

I think its a can am scorpion, I'm almost positive now and they got some for sale here. WWW.funpartsexpress.com not sure if they ever sell or where they co.e up with the value but I seen one. I'll still try to get at least $900 in barter off it, i gave $130 worth j. Trade for it.. crossing my fo.gers hoping to get two jarred for one.
 

beansdaddy78

JR. Member
Messages
565
Reaction score
2
Location
Carbondale IL.
Seen the links bighead I appreciate your looking. I'm sure this go kart wouldn't be very quick unless I modify or buy one of them clones I keep hearing about. What's the best price preferably with free shipping anybody has seen recently?
 

bighead

New member
Messages
4,022
Reaction score
54
Location
Pacific Northwest USA
The good thing is consession karts have good parts on them. They are just heavy and bulky and not ideal for normal kart riding you can say.

A $900 value is really going to need a consession kart buyer that wants to rent this kart out for rides. They are heavy duty and made to take abuse. They wanted them big and bulky to hard to flip over. I love the car size brake master cylinder it has.

Post it up on CL and do some fishing for sure.

Can you post more pics of the parts? Also I seen people cut all the heavy stuff off and have a decent kart. A huge diet so to speak.

There is value in the kart. But your going to have to find the right person for the money your thinking. In my area anyway.
 

beansdaddy78

JR. Member
Messages
565
Reaction score
2
Location
Carbondale IL.
im snapped some extra shots

Thanks for looking into it bighead, I'm willing to sit on it a bit and I'm going to try to use the safety appeal of it to market it to over cautious parents, I'm also gonna see if I can find the cheapest route to making it a bit faster while I sit on it but first I need to fix this shaft and find a clutch, chels as possible. Here's some extra pic if i can get them to loadi included a pic of the shaft makes a man sick!
 

Attachments

  • IMAG0285.jpg
    IMAG0285.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMAG0284.jpg
    IMAG0284.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMAG0283.jpg
    IMAG0283.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMAG0282.jpg
    IMAG0282.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 13

bighead

New member
Messages
4,022
Reaction score
54
Location
Pacific Northwest USA
LOL wilwood disc brakes on a kart. Thats sweet man.

Hey brake guys? is not the bleeding nipple to be pointing down to bleed them right?

One thing for sure is it's going to stop good......
 

qtband

Well-known member
Messages
1,772
Reaction score
70
Location
St. Louis, MO
Air rises, so I think pointing up is good. You bleed the brakes to remove air, right?
Are the Harbor Freight 6.5hp engines on sale for $99 still?? There's an HF in STL.
 

beansdaddy78

JR. Member
Messages
565
Reaction score
2
Location
Carbondale IL.
the brakes do their job

They do work well, I made the old lady hop in and had her jam on them while I pushed her and. When i let go and yelled "hit it". She hammered the brake and i ended up laying in the back of the kart sphere the Kyle would have been if I didn't have it out. The brakes work better than my jeeps brakes at least. I wonder if this would make a decent cart if i shaved a 100-120 lbs. Off it, the frame is a full pan and very heavy duty, i think I could get away with taking quite a bit of metal off this thing. I wonder how it would handle, it turns pretty sharp and from what I remember driving large just like it when I was young in California, they handled very well at 15mph, wonder how it would do at 30mph
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top