• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Corona beer virus

Kartorbust

Reaction score
I kind of like my work schedule of 2 days on, 2 days off, but I'm getting sick of doing the same V01 passenger air bag inflator recall in the JK body Wranglers. Have yet another one to do tomorrow and it'll be the 3rd on this month and my 5th I've done overall. Just a pain to do. If it didn't pay the 0.9, I would really dread it. Fortunately, I think my personal best time is 0.65 so that's just a shade over 36 minutes.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Physically no. It's different internally. So instead of a it going off and sending shrapnel into your face, in theory these new ones shouldn't. But who knows until a new one goes off and we find out. If I recall now (pun not intended) it's close to 100 million vehicles affected by this recall across every manufacturer.

The only real difference that I've seen that they use to mark the new ones from the bad is a light blue band tap or paint.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
So the airbags themselves get reused, nothing wrong with them. It's actually the inflator canister that sits behind the airbag that gets replaced. We just put those back in the box the new one came in and they get warranties out or something. Not sure if they get recycled or what.

I have all 105 pages of the recall for the JK Wrangler in my toolbox. It's that long because FCA wants us to tear the entire dash out to do it. In reality, just pull a couple screws and nuts out, pull the plastic bezel around the radio out a bit, pull the passenger side dash part out and the whole air bag comes out with it. Take a 4 10mm nuts off, slide the inflator out. Unclip the air bag from the dash. Put a new leather or whatever material it is under the air bag. Put new inflator in. Torque the new nuts down. Discard old nuts. Reinstall it back in the vehicle. First time may take an hour to do it. After that, half hour 45 minutes tops.

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
Airbag? Wassat?

I think I want to put one of these inside the glove box of my truck.
:roflol:

SheriGoddart33

Reaction score
This pandemic has affected the economy so much, I heard that many people want to switch to electric cars because of the pandemic because they see how the environment is changing.

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Reaction score
Practiced some social disobedience last evening: went to a local hang out, bought food and drinks, sat outside on Main St and ate and drank. 7 of us trying to get some normalcy back. I think it's time.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
So I guess whoever did this, must not have wanted to wait for the dealership to install new wheels and tires on their vehicle. Best part is, the vehicle was on a slight incline, so as I was attempting to put a spare tire on, it decided to slide backwards off the scissor jacks. Glad I was in a good position, otherwise I could have ended up with a several ton vehicle on me.

Attachments

• 20200418_152109.jpg
    20200418_152109.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 4

anickode

Reaction score
I still have 2 more weeks of it. Ugh! Our lockdown was extended by 2 more weeks

Ours is currently through April 30... Some states have already extended through MAY FREAKING 31st.

Obviously the quarantine measures are working, as the number of new cases daily is dropping. I don't think it's time to lift the lockdowns, but calling it already 6 weeks out is a bit ludicrous IMO.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
Today is the first slight easing of our lockdown conditions here. The govt. has decide to take a risk based phased approach. They decided that there should be five levels of lockdown, with 5 being the most severe. They have downgraded us to 4 from today. That means a bit more industry can start up, and people are allowed to exercise each day fro 6-9 in the morning. A pretty arbitrary time, but its better than nothing.

So....the govt in their wisdom gave people 1 days notice before the lockdown started 5 weeks ago to buy booze and cigarettes, as they said the sale of these is non essential and will be banned. People went ballistic and were very affronted. People have been going back to making home brewed pineapple beer and umqombothi (which is a local brew made from maize, maize malt, sorghum malt, yeast and water. It is not to my taste :D

And then last week when the president announced the downgrade to 4, he mentioned cigarettes could then be sold. Smokers were all happy until last night when they mentioned again that they would not be sold. People are going to riot, and hundreds of petitions are going around for people to sign. It is the dumbest ban on a product that i have heard of. This govt is really out of touch. I don't smoke myself, but i know a lot of people who do, who have been forced to quit the last few weeks.

So yeah....fun times! :D Fortunately I can work from home, and the office has said that we can continue to do that for the foreseeable future, even though i can go back to the office, till things calm down. I work for a large forestry/paper/pulp company. I am a GIS (geographic information system) analyst, so it is possible for me to work at home. Forestry/paper companies are an essential service, so i have been busy the whole time

I wish all this crap would just be over now :rolleyes:

How is everyone else doing?

anickode

Reaction score
Governor of MI just bypassed the legislature to extend her emergency executive authority through the end of May by cancelling the state of emergency and declaring a new one. Typically the legislature would have to approve an extension of this authority, which they were unwilling to do. They wanted to work out a spin-down policy that is logical and fair to both the population as a whole, and helpful to business owners and the economy. She just wants to have total control over everything.

I kind of understand from a logistical standpoint, as the legislature would take longer to make any decisions, but what she did was of questionable legality. She cited a statute from 1946 in her announcement, one which was overturned by another statute in 1976.

Her handling of this whole situation has been quite pathetic to say the least. She waited until the Democratic rallies and primary election were over to institute any social distancing or quarantine procedures, lashed out with unnecessary restrictions the first time the legislature refused to extend her emergency authority (she was asking for 72 more days), refuse millions of free FDA approved test kits produced by a local company so she could stomp around screaming that the federal government didn't give us enough, and now that we have more test kits and there is a corresponding rise in new cases (due to more of the general population being tested with or without symptoms), she is using that increase to justify robbing the legislature of their lawful right to resume control at this point.

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Reaction score
The whole situation here in the USA has become a political football, and we the people are getting our butts kicked. It is time to find the courage to stand up and be heard.