• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Corona beer virus

Bansil

Painter of gnomes....
Reaction score
@landuse

How are they dealing with the townships? Just ignore and let it run its course? They were small cardboard/clapboard cities last time I visited Cape Town...too many people in poverty, gangs and food shortages during the good years

Joe-405

Enjoying New Projects
Reaction score
my neighbors came over the other day but two days alter he found out he had the virus so I have been exposed.

Stay safe buddy.

I know as of right now I’m ok I think. As everyone recalls I’ve had cancer really bad and don’t have a immune system and I’m having to work or else get fired pretty much. Cause it’s supposedly a essential like everything else in Oklahoma. Nobody is taking it seriously unless a person dies at the company they worked at for the most part.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
@landuse

How are they dealing with the townships? Just ignore and let it run its course? They were small cardboard/clapboard cities last time I visited Cape Town...too many people in poverty, gangs and food shortages during the good years

The townships are under the same lockdown rules as everyone else, but as you can imagine it is more of a logistical nightmare in these areas. It's difficult.

People often have to use communal taps, so social distancing doesn't really work there. I have heard that the government is installing more water points so that there isn't such a concentration of people in just one area.

I have to go do some food shopping today, so it will be the first time i have been out since the start. I'll tell you guys later if i was stopped at a roadblock :D :D

mckutzy

Reaction score
Landuse- How are the 5-0 handling it overyonder there... Are they getting into it like India.. or keeping it pretty chill and respectable....

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
I also just got a Corgi puppy, so that should keep me distracted :wai: :wai: :D

That puppy is SO cute!! Glad you got a little buddy. :wai:
I think we people with dogs are going to be some of the ones who don't lose their mind during isolation.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
Landuse- How are the 5-0 handling it overyonder there... Are they getting into it like India.. or keeping it pretty chill and respectable....

Apparently i read that 3 people have been killed through the act of police enforcement. So if you think about it, the police have killed the same amount of people that the virus has killed in this country

Functional Artist

Reaction score
Hard Days Ahead in the war against Covid-19

Please People, listen to the experts
...& stay your azz home :thumbsup:
(just a little longer) :toetap05:

They say, the next couple of weeks are gonna be brutal. :eek:

As of today
World wide there are over 1,000,000 confirmed cases of CoVid-19
…& over 60,000 deaths from it :mad2:

In the USA, , there are over 275,000 confirmed cases of this virus
…& over 7,000 deaths from it :furious2:

In the USA, the current estimates for potential deaths, from this virus is ~100,000
(that's a lot of moms & dads, brothers & sisters)

...but, according to the models, if we DIDN"T do these mitigation measures
(staying at home & social distancing)
...there could have been anywhere between 1.6 - 2.2 million deaths
:ack2:
(that's just in the USA)

On the "bright side" to help with the "surge", the USNS Mercy is in LA, California
…& the USNS Comfort is docked in NY harbor :2guns:
(they each have 1,000 patient capacity & 12 operating rooms) :wai:

So again, Please People, listen to the experts
...& stay your azz home :horse:

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
Got a 3rd week added to my mandatory 2 week vacation. Nice to be off, but not nice to not have the $$$ for the truck parts I need in a bad sort of way.

mckutzy

Reaction score
I made a chair...
We have some cheap metal chairs, after the years.. theyre getting a little worn out from the weather... So I made a new one with the left over 2x4 bits I had and a board I found near the dumpster.. from a shelf.

This has a first coat of spar finish boat varnish....
for the outdoors of such like this.. it works pretty good.. even for cheap wood..

Attachments

• chair.jpg
    chair.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 5

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
I made a chair...
We have some cheap metal chairs, after the years.. theyre getting a little worn out from the weather... So I made a new one with the left over 2x4 bits I had and a board I found near the dumpster.. from a shelf.

This has a first coat of spar finish boat varnish....
for the outdoors of such like this.. it works pretty good.. even for cheap wood..

Looks good!! Nothing better than making something that you can use yourself

Flyinhillbilly

The great cornholio
Reaction score
I’ve been passing the time by rebuilding a truck I bought. It was a bank repo and needed a lot of work, so it’s giving me something to do. I’m still going to work everyday for now, no shutdown orders in Arkansas yet.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Apparently 45 doctors in the Grand Island area wants Gov. Pete Ricketts to shut the whole state down. :mad2: