clutch and tires and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed1380

Banned
Reaction score
got it together. took it for a spin today.
less than 250lb + 6.5hp + bumpy yard - brakes = one hell of a fun machine thats hard to control
pics later

ed1380

Banned
Reaction score
heres the pics. it rained last night

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
That sort of terrain looks like a blast! Is that rod supposed to be bent up in the front?

oscaryu1

Reaction score
Probably it was too long and he didn't want to cut it.

Either way, looks sweet! What type of motor is that?

ed1380

Banned
Reaction score
yeah it was too long and bending it helped clear the little bumper up front. the whole backyard is like that except a little sloped and the rain makes gulleys. which = no fun. lol

its a tecumseh. stupid thing wont run right w/ an air filter

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Ooh..... so you're running it out there without an air filter?

ed1380

Banned
Reaction score
took a couple laps yeah. now im trying diferent approaces. maybe a real long air filter box so the air is less turbulent after the filter.

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
I'm wondering if any damage was done to the engine, particularly being in a dusty looking environment like that.

oscaryu1

Reaction score
In that condition, 15 minutes would have been enough to score the cylinder heavily. Any longer? Wiped out the rings and who knows what else...

And me being a guy who tore down a Briggs 3 horse with no filter for 1 month. The cylinder on it was in worse condition than a 2HP's with the rings installed upside down.

ed1380

Banned
Reaction score
i dont think ive ever riden longer than 5 minutes straight on any gokart

upside down rings. wow who did that? :D

oscaryu1

Reaction score
Upside down rings shouldn't cause anything worse than compression loss and oil control problems especially if top ring is semi-keystone.

Friend did :ack2: I took it apart to replace the pan gasket... and did I find? LOTS of metal shavings. Took the piston out. Metal bits in the rings, on the rings, in between the rings...

ed1380

Banned
Reaction score
russ do you think distance from air filter to throttle valve maters for proper air/fuel mixing

ed1380

Banned
Reaction score
k well that problem got fixed. now it works w/ an air filter. that thing flies. i need more room. i came in w/ dirt in places i didnt know i had :roflol:

ed1380

Banned
Reaction score
little update. the rod is in engine heaven. i was warming it up and BANG. bang.. bang...bang....bang....dead

if the aftermarket rods are really $20 then ill get one. so thats where ill need your help guys. are the rods for 5hp briggs and 6hp tecumsehs the same? i dont know which rod to get

jr dragster T

Reaction score
HA HA HA HA BYE BYE rod! If it broke under warming up then thats a tired motor. And if you heard BANG bang bang then I think you might need to replace a bit more than the conecting rod!

Status
Not open for further replies.