clone wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike75925

thinker and tinkerer
Reaction score
hf 6.5:
gx160 head w/160 valves and briggs springs, gx340 rockers (longer,stronger), straight pipe, yanked gov and oil sensor disconnected. is a gx340 cam a good upgrade thus far in the build? f1 manco w/body so no go on torq a vertor (that is without changing the configuration and weight dist.) also thought of putting some JB in the head to further raise compression, it already has the super thin gasket and steel cam. piston is dished so that will change, as will carbureation. thought of using blower assm. to channel air into the airbox (poor man's supercharger). haven't attempted to degree the cam or port/polish yet.

mike75925

thinker and tinkerer
Reaction score
i have had sparkplugs JB'd in. on the jb package it lists all kinds of applications and some testimonials. guy repaired his cylinder on a tractor, i think. a guy i know went to his engine guy and he put some better grade epoxy into it, bored it and they have probably an easy twenty races on it? they were building briggs to 48~50hp. i'll see about it pics before install and after a few hours?

Last edited:

Affair_driven

BULL DETECTOR
Reaction score
Flash point of gasoline is 475° F.
From JB WELD website:
"Not recommended for use on manifolds, exhaust systems, and other engine components which normally operate at temperatures above 500° F"
Combustion chamber temperatures average well over 1000°F.

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Reaction score
Another option would be to mig weld some beads in there then dremel them to desired shape size. And i agree, JB weld will NOT hold up, but hey its your engine not mine.

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
I'm not gonna agree or disagree on the JB weld but, I'd sure like to see what happens! :D

mike75925

thinker and tinkerer
Reaction score
yanked the paper element out of the stock filter and sprayed element oil on, seems to loose traction more(bigger ruts in yard) . wish i could run my tav 30:)

mike75925

thinker and tinkerer
Reaction score
i already have in a non ringed two-stroke that ran 15k? rpm. r/c car motor ~.21. it was a taper bore i guess and we used it on the cylinder wall. didn't hold but then my bro didn't let it cure

jr dragster T

Reaction score
These nitro engines are NOT toys. Theres RC nitro truck engines that will make more HP than a Briggs 5 hp. Sure enough the engine in my truck with a pipe will make 3 hp! And JB weld will never hold up to the heat, compression and Nitro methane/alcohol/oil.

jr dragster T

Reaction score
Compared to a briggs 5 yes there are toys. But they sure do make quite a bit of screaming 2 stroke power, Spins all 4 6.5" tires on my truck while trying to pull the front end up. Anyway back on topic of the clones.

Status
Not open for further replies.