clarification needed on driven clutch tuning ( spring colors)

mouthfulloflake

Reaction score
Yes.

there is no petcock nor fuel valve that I can find.

I got home slightly before dinner and did want to smell like gasoline so I didnt mess with it today.
the plan is to pinch the feed line with vice grips, remove the carb and do a good clean and inspect.
it might be the weekend before I have that sort of motivation though.

the kart sat for a while before I bought it, so if the bowl is full of water or gunk I would not be surprised.

its a tight line dance between spending any money on this engine or finding a coupon and getting a chineseum replacement.

I found an E start 7 HP, for just under $200 on amazon.

Rat

Reaction score
Yes.

there is no petcock nor fuel valve that I can find.
A few pics of the engine and fuel tank would be helpful, I looked back and you have not shown anything of what you're working on.

I know Predator212's don't have a tank mounted petcock, it's on the side of the carburetor IF they have one at all.
the kart sat for a while before I bought it, so if the bowl is full of water or gunk I would not be surprised.
I've rebuild and gotten engines running that were completely full of water (crankcase and all) that sat for an unknown length of time but at least one year.
I found an E start 7 HP, for just under $200 on amazon.
Tecumseh are notoriously dodgy engines, especially the closer you get to the end of their manufacturing. Their flatheads, 2stroke, and early OHV's were pretty good though.

I caught my Husqvarna 208 on a major price drop and it was a torquer even before I started tweaking and modding it... not a major surprise when you consider it was meant for a large snow thrower (24x18 auger)

If it's a solid rig overall, it's probably worth throwing a new engine on and having some fun with it.

mouthfulloflake

Reaction score
ok I am trying to figure out how to attach pics.

Attachments

• yerf1.jpg
    yerf1.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 5
  • yerf2.jpg
    yerf2.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 5
  • yerf3.jpg
    yerf3.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
  • yerf4.jpg
    yerf4.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
  • yerf5.jpg
    yerf5.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 4
  • yerf6.jpg
    yerf6.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 4
  • yerf7.jpg
    yerf7.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
  • yerf8.jpg
    yerf8.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 4

Rat

Reaction score
I'd pull the fuel tank and make sure the manifold isn't leaking as well as clean the carb and check the air filter if you didn't already replace it