Campground Cruiser II

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheels

Reaction score
Hey guys... thought I would share my build in here. I've asked some questions about electric vs engine and what not.. but decided to go with an engine. The reason for building something this small is so that when we go camping... we can cruise this little thing around the camp ground, wife can take it to the shower house, etc.

picked up some 3/4 inch .120 wall DOM and also picked up a donor vehicle from the local junkyard.

the start of the frame(first layer):

Front of frame:

another view:

Fast forward a couple of days: I finished bending all the pieces for the frame today.... top and back, anwyways. i clamped it on to give an idea of what it's going to look like.

got alittle bit more done... tacked the top layer(a, b and c pillars), got the upper a-arm mounting bars in(this was tricky... had to come up with a way to allow my steering shaft to get in between, hence the flare out).

pic's:

got the top fully welded and put the intrusion bars on. tacked the suspension on. still trying to decide if i want to leave it the way it is or make the A arms an inch or two longer.

first pic is when i was looking at placement for A arms:

and these are after i tacked the tabs on:

thats it for now. thanks for looking.

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
You've got some impressive fab skills! I'm not sure where you're gonna sit, but, can you say, "Big honkin' remote control!"

Looks great from here- keep it up!

wheels

Reaction score
Doin GREAT! keep us posted.....:thumbsup:

i'd recognize that signature anywhere... hey Tail, what's happenin'? :thumbsup:

thanks Landuse, it's going to be geared 11, 44.

thanks toystory... i'm using a very thick(about 1/2 inch thick) piece of plastic to bolt to the top... i will be sitting on it. same thing i did for the first one i built. held up well. :D

wall gator

Reaction score
WHEELS...I'm doin a mini bike at the moment a MURRAY-ANIMAL w/ a few mods. A shame, your 1st build was stolen!!!!! Maybe you should post pic here, it gotta show uo somewhere.

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
I saw the build of the first one earlier this week on a buggy forum. If Im not mistaking you for someone else.

Hopefully this one sticks around longer.

What engine do you got on there?

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
The first one was stolen? Man, that's just the worst kinda bolshevic! The only thing worse than having something stolen, is when it's something with sentimental value.

wheels

Reaction score
yeah, the first one being stolen still gets to me.... i hope it pops up. i spent a lot more time on the first one just trying to figure it out. i have a build thread up on minibuggy.net and crazywildtoys.com.

Tail, is the build thread on here? i'll have to look for it...

B.M., it's a 6.5 hp motor with electric start. :thumbsup:

pics of the original:

if anyone sees it anywhere for sale or anything, please let me know.

thanks.

wheels

Reaction score
Island, i have been thinking about building one as an RC...

j.con, i don't have plans... but, i will help you with anything you want to know(measurements, how to's, etc.). i have helped two people build one since the first one i built.

B.M., yes... it's a torq converter. has an 11 tooth sprocket. back is 44.

thanks Mudduck. :thumbsup:

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Reaction score
That really is one super cool design man, its a shame someone stole it from you. Did you keep a tool kit so you could actually use that spare tire or was it more for looks?

wheels

Reaction score
spare tire was a working spare. all 5 were the same size so if i got a flat on whichever corner, i could replace it and move on. didn't carry tools on it b/c it would have went with me anytime i took my side by side camping. And I keep some tools in my truck just in case, anytime i take my side by side. :cheers2:

wheels

Reaction score
Thanks Blue... i appreciate it.

jrmints, from the front or side or top?

jrmints1415

Reaction score
dosnt matter really i just want to add front suspension on my go kart and like your setup i mainly need to see your spindles and where they connect to the A arm

Status
Not open for further replies.