cam grinding

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike75925

thinker and tinkerer
Reaction score
this is on your mower then? i thought you were just messin with the neighborhood kids, oh well. wait, did the manufacturer sell one with dual carbs? at the scrapyard, you may find a smaller one that has the same head size, but lower volume, like a 160 head for the 200.

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
nope briggs didnt make a twin carb one. no i dont want higher compression on this engine the flatty oppys need flow over compression. and no seriouse racing with this thing acctualy.. i still gota finish my frame build.

mike75925

thinker and tinkerer
Reaction score
you might want to run a 2into2 with an x. it acts like dual, but because of the x, it breathes even better

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
no room i got my belts under the frame steering clutch and brakes and that kinda stuff and cant forget the frame bracing.

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
"higher gearing" is numerically lower. ie: 6:1 is a higher gear ratio than 7:1.
As far as the cam lift/duration thing goes, I was always under the impression that a high lift/short duration arrangement was desirable for higher RPM applications so that the valves snap open and shut very quickly with minimal losses, Whereas a longer duration was good for the lower RPM's. Feel free to straighten me out...

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
idk but anything is better then stock... as long as it lets more fuel air in and out it works ahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.