budget wooden go-kart

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinwrx187

Reaction score
As soon as i read the 2nd post of the kid from chilly almost going off the cliff. I immediately thought how cool it would be to make a cart out of wood and reinforce it with bamboo! It would be strong as heck! Lol

chimmike

Reaction score
I HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION!!!! after coming out of the depths of despair and depression I have found a solution. To some, this is an obvious solution but I am no expert so yeah. I will buy or trade for a set of mini-bike wheels and only have one wheel being driven. I hope to get this finished soon so I can finally do my victory burnouts. Since this is a budget go-kart skrew brakes.

With a post like this....1) not a kid, and 2) obvious long-game troll.

nobody could be serious about a single 2x4 as a longitudinal 'frame' for a go kart. It was pretty much 'ready' back in June. Now he's playing the long game on the troll.

2 stars out of 5. Hooked a few folks, but mostly just obvious troll.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score

nobody could be serious about a single 2x4 as a longitudinal 'frame' for a go kart. It was pretty much 'ready' back in June. Now he's playing the long game on the troll.

It makes for good entertainment though :D

Karts of Kaos

the many mowers guy
Reaction score

No I think he is serous about building this. I know what design he is using and have considered building it myself. i think this is a cool, cheep, and unreliable build.

Willisk2004

Williskart
Reaction score
I say troll con! He showed a picture of hydraulic brakes in his garage next to the axle earlier in the thread? So why all the sudden no brakes? If it’s cause the axle won’t work then redneck a solution maybe carve a mount out of balsa wood and put the disc brake on the other side that’s not powered lol

Mr_mcrib212

Inmate #2148
Reaction score
The type of axle that I have is an ATV axle so there are no notches, there are splines which means that it is hard to find parts for them. The sprocket that came with the kit I bought with it is a T8F chain type and has a small 3 hole hub that will not allow a sprocket with a 4-hole hub bolt pattern. The hub that came with the brakes is a 6-hole bolt pattern which will allow a 35 chain type sprocket. The problem with that is I won't have disc brakes anymore so If I put a brake band on the clutch that problem will be solved.

Mr_mcrib212

Inmate #2148
Reaction score
Hey guys sorry I haven't posted in a while but I finally have a way to connect power to the wheels, I am currently modding the predator engine so I'll be putting some 30 dollars Briggs on there for the first run. I basicly just bolted the original sprocket to the new GPS sprocket with locktite bolts so it should work. I'll make sure to post a vid when I do finally ride it. This build could not have been possible without your guys's help.

Attachments

• IMG_20201012_153904.jpg
    IMG_20201012_153904.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20201012_153853.jpg
    IMG_20201012_153853.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 3

Kent

Reaction score
Willits, California (Northern California)
I wouldn't want to rain on your parade but have to say if you do 20 MPH on that kart you will be at risk of some injury. 40 MPR would be very dangerous. Hope your able to enjoy your kart but remember to be careful. Good luck......

Mr_mcrib212

Inmate #2148
Reaction score
Well guys, the inevitable happened. I started the engine and a giant pillar of flames shot out of the carb, it caught fire and spread down to the wooden frame if I' hadn't reacted quickly my frame may have been a burnt wreck, I luckily survived with a few singed off leg hairs. Now I know what to bring on the first test drive. lol

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
Well guys, the inevitable happened. I started the engine and a giant pillar of flames shot out of the carb, it caught fire and spread down to the wooden frame if I' hadn't reacted quickly my frame may have been a burnt wreck, I luckily survived with a few singed off leg hairs. Now I know what to bring on the first test drive. lol
And the saga continues.....

Status
Not open for further replies.